joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
St. Paddy's Day Storm Obs

nj2va

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9 inches here.  And windy.  My station is frozen up.  But it is 25.6 outside.   Gonna go do the driveway again then go to bed.  I did it at 8 and there is 4 inches already.  Figure make it easier tomorrow morning.    It's light and fluffy enough I am using a push broom.  

Should take me an hour to do the whole thing.   

1.5" here and the best rates of the night.

We might be able to sneak 3-4" after all huh? It wasn't looking good earlier, but watching WV satellite and radar trajectory with moisture transport made me less skeptical, although I was leaning toward getting very little. Tune has changed thanks to banding that rotated up from Rockville/AA county area. Bob Chill working his magic down there lol

Looks possible, if not likely, that portions of the DC metro will hit 8-10". Radar filling in to the SW. Looks like we have another 5hrs or so.

2nd best storm of the year, IMO. Feb 13th will almost certainly retain the crown of 2013-14 IMBY..

I'm at 7 inches. Quite possible I hit a foot by daybreak.

ok I know where that is and I can see you getting a little more there than I do here, that band just like fell apart as it got here, my luck all winter

Yeah, that stinks when it happens. But hey, snow in March is nothing to sneeze at. I've been a snow magnet all winter. I've already been banished from places that are sick of the stuff  :lol:

We might be able to sneak 3-4" after all huh? It wasn't looking good earlier, but watching WV satellite and radar trajectory with moisture transport made me less skeptical, although I was leaning toward getting very little. Tune has changed thanks to banding that rotated up from Rockville/AA county area. Bob Chill working his magic down there lol

I recall zwyts telling Phin about some short term models (HRRR I think?) showing the snow spreading a bit north after midnight and bringing a few good hours. I'm really impressed by how spot on they've been this year.

Archived