Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
3/6-3/7 Last Hurrah Obs

Hvward

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got back home.  Ugh, I hope it changes over soon.  Rain....  It was sleeting when I left.  Hopefully, the snow line is moving south as I hear it's snowing 10 miles north of me again... LOL.

EDIT: Well, I do hear some sleet outside mixing in, at least.  We're down to 33, so it's about to become some sort of frozen precip, regardless (hopefully not ZR).  :axe:

Its quite clear the rain/snow line is marching northward per correlation coefficient. Rates aren't currently heavy enough to counter the WAA.

codnexlab.NEXRAD.GSP.N0C.20140307.015.04

Your going to get crushed, you should drop below freezing very soon and not get above it until 10-11am tomorrow, we may not here from you again after midnight, you can probably kiss power goodbye whether its tree snapping heavy snow or ice.

Radar is really blowing up to your SE, the rates will flip you to snow when those bands hit and then look out.

Its quite clear the rain/snow line is marching northward per correlation coefficient. Rates aren't currently heavy enough to counter the WAA.

So rates should be sufficient to change this area back over to snow?  I'll even take sleet... I just don't want boatloads of freezing rain all night...  Rates have been pretty modest so far (light sleet, and now light rain/sleet), so that would make sense.

I'm just kind of having a minor weenie meltdown moment early in the storm.  :ee:

So rates should be sufficient to change this area back over to snow?  I'll even take sleet... I just don't want boatloads of freezing rain all night...  Rates have been pretty modest so far (light sleet, and now light rain/sleet), so that would make sense.

I'm just kind of having a minor weenie meltdown moment early in the storm.  :ee:

Look at this band setting up, just sick, running down 85 to Rockingham...

post-2311-0-94911200-1394151708_thumb.pn

I think you (and I) can go ahead and melt down.  This is our snow window and it's already just rain.

Archived