amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
3/6-3/7 Last Hurrah Obs

Hvward

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@NWSRaleigh: 630pm - All snow in Roxboro with flakes the size of nickels. Snow now coating the ground. #ncwx

Can confirm too. 

About a .25" and steady falling. Lightning radars didn't pick up anything early. But there was C2C strikes obviously because what I heard I know was thunder.

What does this portend?  Higher rates maybe more than the 1 - 3" advertised?

IF IF big ifs.

It doesn't switch over to sleet or freezing rain... then yeah alot higher.

12 Euro was showing as much as 6-8 around the triad with 3-6" extending up through here.  But if it stays all snow maybe close to a foot or better?

I just got back home.  Ugh, I hope it changes over soon.  Rain....  It was sleeting when I left.  Hopefully, the snow line is moving south as I hear it's snowing 10 miles north of me again... LOL.

EDIT: Well, I do hear some sleet outside mixing in, at least.  We're down to 33, so it's about to become some sort of frozen precip, regardless (hopefully not ZR).  :axe:

IF IF big ifs.

It doesn't switch over to sleet or freezing rain... then yeah alot higher.

12 Euro was showing as much as 6-8 around the triad with 3-6" extending up through here.  But if it stays all snow maybe close to a foot or better?

Always "if", right?!  Heard thunder here too.  

Earlier today you were writing about winds from the east.  It was a great summary but it sounds like something's changed?  I was looking at temperature profiles for northern Granville and it doesn't look like we get above freezing tonight.  Thanks for the local perspective NCW.

I just got back home.  Ugh, I hope it changes over soon.  Rain....  It was sleeting when I left.  Hopefully, the snow line is moving south as I hear it's snowing 10 miles north of me again... LOL.

Out this way (western NC) the snow line is progressing north at a good clip. If we get a changeover, it will be from the northeast in backdoor fashion.

Your going to get crushed, you should drop below freezing very soon and not get above it until 10-11am tomorrow, we may not here from you again after midnight, you can probably kiss power goodbye whether its tree snapping heavy snow or ice.

Radar is really blowing up to your SE, the rates will flip you to snow when those bands hit and then look out.

Rates increasing fast. 35db returns coming from the south.

Moderate snow/sleet Visibilty about 2 miles. Already a light dusting of sleet/snow

Another symptom of that disease I mentioned earlier.

When the visibility is over 1 kilometre (0.62 mi), snow is determined to be light.

Archived