• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
3/6-3/7 Last Hurrah Obs

Hvward

BTW, GSO (the airport) dropped from 39 to 37 over the last hour.  Nice change.  The NE wind is picking up.

Still nothing here, though I wonder if I have a shot at starting out as snow considering Nic reported snow just to my west?  I thought 850s were a tad warm, but maybe they're close enough to 0C to allow snow to make it through.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I've always been jealous of him. Because of his elevation and location, it's a lot easier for him to get to freezing than us poor folk in the low lands. I'd love to have someone at an elevation around 2500 to 3000 feet in extreme ne ga though. Would be fascinating to see the differences.

It's funny because virtually every model has 925 to 950mb temps at or below freezing most of the night....to your south :lol: Don't normally see colder temps at 925 to 950mb over central ga than your location but this system somehow manages to pull it off. Still think you probably get below freezing..especially after sunset. Just that little bit of loss of insolation  could make the difference.

Meanwhile, I've got everyone's nightmare...33 and rain. 33.1/dp 30. Yuck.

Hopefully we can pull a rabit out of the hat though. I noticed that rome is reporting unknown precip now. They have had a persistent area of heavy precip near or just to their south for a couple of hours now...although it's a bit weaker than earlier. An even heavier band is between atlanta and athens (which is heading your way) .with even a few 35dbz showing up near me. I hope I can get under that band or one like it eventually. I'm really curious to see if it would generate something other than this mess.

lol sorry :lol:  i guess its all in perspective since i get jealous when the cold fronts ram through i can watch the upslope snow falling on the mountains literally 10-15 miles away while the sun is usually out here :axe:

31.6 now, so the temps is still slowly dropping. would be nice to have the wedge really build in and get more ga folks in the action

i noticed that this wedge seemed to be a bit to the south of ne ga - right on the line (when arent our back yards on the line in ga it seems).  i have seen some of the reports of stronger ne winds in nc, if those can keep up and work down this way we might have a little surprise luck for a change.

lol sorry :lol:  i guess its all in perspective since i get jealous when the cold fronts ram through i can watch the upslope snow falling on the mountains literally 10-15 miles away while the sun is usually out here :axe:

31.6 now, so the temps is still slowly dropping. would be nice to have the wedge really build in and get more ga folks in the action

i noticed that this wedge seemed to be a bit to the south of ne ga - right on the line (when arent our back yards on the line in ga it seems).  i have seen some of the reports of stronger ne winds in nc, if those can keep up and work down this way we might have a little surprise luck for a change.

It's pretty wild just how warm it is over northwest ga and just to your west in general. I mean a lot of northwest ga and even the mountains got into the low 50s today. but you are right on the edge as the nam/gfs never show 950mb temps getting colder than they are right now and actually slowly start to warm overnight.

925mb_sf.gif?1394145995474

Archived