joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/6-3/7 Last Hurrah Obs

Hvward

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you are the perfect CAD spot in GA.  32.5???  Your gonna get ice ice ice baby.

I'm at 37.4 with light rain.

Yeah I've always been jealous of him. Because of his elevation and location, it's a lot easier for him to get to freezing than us poor folk in the low lands. I'd love to have someone at an elevation around 2500 to 3000 feet in extreme ne ga though. Would be fascinating to see the differences.

lol - looks like at least some ice a bit more realistic now.  i think thats why i got spoiled when we used to have regular cad events.  mby is a near perfect cad location to get wintry precip and i got used to it. then the cads stopped acting "normal" haha.

hopefully we can maintain the wedge building in for a while to see some ice but still wary as its march

it is was, i admit i was surprised by it.  mby is usually a prime CAD area for ne ga so fingers are crossed.  temp seems to have leveled off though :axe:  and still just above freezing

It's funny because virtually every model has 925 to 950mb temps at or below freezing most of the night....to your south :lol: Don't normally see colder temps at 925 to 950mb over central ga than your location but this system somehow manages to pull it off. Still think you probably get below freezing..especially after sunset. Just that little bit of loss of insolation  could make the difference.

Meanwhile, I've got everyone's nightmare...33 and rain. 33.1/dp 30. Yuck.

Hopefully we can pull a rabit out of the hat though. I noticed that rome is reporting unknown precip now. They have had a persistent area of heavy precip near or just to their south for a couple of hours now...although it's a bit weaker than earlier. An even heavier band is between atlanta and athens (which is heading your way) .with even a few 35dbz showing up near me. I hope I can get under that band or one like it eventually. I'm really curious to see if it would generate something other than this mess.

Archived