joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/6-3/7 Last Hurrah Obs

Hvward

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if anyone is still reading this thread, but since all my obs are storm related I'll keep putting them here.

Observation one, this still sucks.

Observation two, I'm too old for this crap.

Observation three, trees are heavy.

Observation four, my heart seems a lot stronger than my back.

Observation five, when it's late in the third day of no power, and the Duke Power website still says assessing damage, it sucks.

Observation six, my wife looks sexy by the glow of the gas logs. Now I know why families had 10 children back before they invented television.

I saw some Duke Power folks working on the power lines just outside my neighborhood (a pine tree had collapsed onto the lines and blocked the road). I'm hoping that means power will be restored here sometime before the end of the day because it is starting to get old. 54 hours is long enough.

Does it annoy anyone else that this thread is still titled 'last hooray' instead of 'last hurrah'?

In other news...it's awesome out, but still chilly if you open the windows...that sun doesn't do a thing indoors.

Sorry man, spell check fooled me.  Edit:Fixed

Good news! Got power back around 12:00!

It's coming boys! Hang in there!

I just saw where Alamance county schools are closed tomorrow. Probably one or two more systems to close.

Asheboro city on 2 hour delay. Right at 14000 in Randolph still without power. Worst part of loosing power is ifyou don't have a generator and live out in the county (no water). I can handle the cold, no tv internet etc. but no indoor plumbing/ shower is the biggest inconvenience that I miss the most. I have been through 2 separate 6 day periods of no power in the winter along with several other 1 to 2 day stints. I'm guessing not having power in the summer after a hurricane for several days would be a whole lot more unpleasant. Sweating no shower, AC, Mosquitos.

Poor Jburns 1of 14000 out of 150,000. Hopefully you'll get back on today.

Asheboro city on 2 hour delay. Right at 14000 in Randolph still without power. Worst part of loosing power is ifyou don't have a generator and live out in the county (no water). I can handle the cold, no tv internet etc. but no indoor plumbing/ shower is the biggest inconvenience that I miss the most. I have been through 2 separate 6 day periods of no power in the winter along with several other 1 to 2 day stints. I'm guessing not having power in the summer after a hurricane for several days would be a whole lot more unpleasant. Sweating no shower, AC, Mosquitos.

Poor Jburns 1of 14000 out of 150,000. Hopefully you'll get back on today.

A caravan of tree service trucks has appeared. Estimated time of power restoration is 11pm Tuesday. According to the guy I talked too there are at least six line breaks and a transformer that have to be fixed before my neighborhood can go back on line. Hopefully it will be sooner then the estimate. BTW the guy I talked too was with a crew from Indiana, so I guess I can't find fault with the effort,

Glad some, if not most, have gotten back power.

Didn't realize the seriousness until now.

Tell your stories... Maybe another thread???

<Lived through two episodes when my family lost power for two weeks

or more. Not fun at the time... but memorable!

I'd like to hear about your modern-day struggle!!!!

Edit:  Created half my family during those events. 

GL to those still sitting in the dark.  Least it's not cold.

Archived