Newest Member
    joxey
3/6-3/7 Last Hurrah Obs

Hvward

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NE Cherokee County-

In less than an hour, the temp has fallen from 41.1 to 36.0, and the DP has risen from 16 to 29.

I don't know that we'll see anything but rain here, but this is one of those storm types that tends to surprise, so who knows.

at least precipitation is starting to really expand.

after going over to all rain, Sleet is mixing back in with the rain at the moment. Could be the start of some cooling aloft. It would be nice. temp 35.5, dp 29

Drizzle with the occasional sleet pellet mixed in down in south charlotte. sitting at 40 degrres with a 18 dewpoint according to nws

While not official. My car went from 40 degrees when precip started and I pulled in to my driveway. 30 min later I left and my car was reading 37 and slowly climbed as I went back out of the precip. So hopefully it will cool us down enough for some fun. For a little while at least.

started sleeting/raining about 20 min ago on the way home.  currently 32.5 sleet/rain.  temp dropped about 11 degrees when the precip started

wow that is impressive.  I dropped very quickly from 42 to 37 and then leveled off. getting light rain now. 

you are the perfect CAD spot in GA.  32.5???  Your gonna get ice ice ice baby.

I'm at 37.4 with light rain.

lol - looks like at least some ice a bit more realistic now.  i think thats why i got spoiled when we used to have regular cad events.  mby is a near perfect cad location to get wintry precip and i got used to it. then the cads stopped acting "normal" haha.

hopefully we can maintain the wedge building in for a while to see some ice but still wary as its march

wow that is impressive.  I dropped very quickly from 42 to 37 and then leveled off. getting light rain now. 

it is was, i admit i was surprised by it.  mby is usually a prime CAD area for ne ga so fingers are crossed.  temp seems to have leveled off though :axe:  and still just above freezing

Hooray, it's raining ! Temp is 37.4/ 24 don't know the WB formula, but precip shield looks better as the hole over GA filled in nicely! Just need that 6 degree drop

37/28 = WB of 34... roughly, I guess.

I'm thinking unless there's some heavy stuff soon to dynamically cool...

... just enjoy mother nature's nectar - Plain Rain.  :) 

Archived