joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 21/22 winter storm Obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our headlines look to be circling the storm drain. Latest HRRR doesn't even bring 1" into ME.

You win some, you lose some. Those model runs yesterday were pretty far NW...but you gotta go with it I guess even with the seasonal trend of a late tick SE. It's probably better in the public's eye to over-warn although that's a hard one to swallow when nothing happens. Better than having nothing out and getting 6-9" of a surprise band and then have the 11pm news leads off with what an awful forecast it was. Usually this way around people just forget about it.

You win some, you lose some. Those model runs yesterday were pretty far NW...but you gotta go with it I guess even with the seasonal trend of a late tick SE. It's probably better in the public's eye to over-warn although that's a hard one to swallow when nothing happens. Better than having nothing out and getting 6-9" of a surprise band and then have the 11pm news leads off with what an awful forecast it was. Usually this way around people just forget about it.

It will definitely be tough to swallow if Portland doesn't see a flake. Ha.

We probably didn't need to upgrade to warnings in NH mid morning before the GFS even was in.

Archived