12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Jan 21/22 winter storm Obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing how the cut off for haves and nots runs so tightly along I-84 in Ct and I-90 in E MA.

Yeah I don't mean to piss anyone off, normally I just read and the numerous reports northeast CT are about the same as me +/-20℅. Feeling like with this one if I don't report then nobody would realize the insane gradient with this band in CT. Hope it moves north with the pivot and crushes BDL to PWM.

Up to 9" - I guess it makes up for all the times Tolland to ORH gets 1-3 and Ginx and I and anyone else southeast of 84 get cold rain. Pretty extreme gradient though for ECT.

Winds picking up.

regression to the mean? Lol, nice stuff, wind just cranked a roof full of snow on my head, pure Stowe VT fluff

Band beginning to shift east as models showed. Oh well just missed this bad boy. Happy for the folks to the east. Probably another 1-3 here up through tolland?

yeah, you can see the western edge of the band slowly collapsing on the last couple frames. waiting for the ml fronto band to roll through here.

TWC live in Plymouth and it looks sweet. Stoked for Messenger.

I'm south of them a few miles Plymouth is massive...but drifts are already a couple of feet in spots.  I just cleaned out near one of the cars.  Banks rapidly building.

Much different storm here, winds 10-15 gusting to 20-25. 

I'm guessing 5" or 6 at this point.  I will plod around at the 6 hour mark and get a better feel.  I'm happy this is the storm I wanted 1/3.  Just need to keep the OES going and wait for hopefully a CCB brush in the am.  Definitely concerned about the nudge east and maybe a miss on that though in the AM.

post-3232-0-93602300-1390353586_thumb.jp

post-3232-0-35539200-1390353587_thumb.jp

regression to the mean? Lol, nice stuff, wind just cranked a roof full of snow on my head, pure Stowe VT fluff

absolute fluff, you're one of my favorite posters always reminding me to be happy for those to our north when they are getting the goods and we're not, which is more often than not. Glad you're getting crushed!

Perfect snow for right ahead of an arctic outbreak. No need for the heavy wet stuff as you've got no threats to melt it...let the arctic fluff pile up and then drop the temp down low this week. Make it look like Fairbanks, Alaska for the week.

Archived