joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 21/22 winter storm Obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny how folks were crucifying BOX for not going heavy earlier, and they ended up adjusting TOO much n of town.

There is a reason they work at BOX, and we don't.

Folks in the band will get crushed, but the majority of the area isn't.

It's really exciting that the same area that gets clobbered most big storms the last 3-4 years is getting it again, you must be riveted ;)

It's pounding down here too.  I was up on this threat mainly from the OE standpoint.  Later on we should do okay on residual banding. 

It's really exciting that the same area that gets clobbered most big storms the last 3-4 years is getting it again, you must be riveted ;)

It's pounding down here too.  I was up on this threat mainly from the OE standpoint.  Later on we should do okay on residual banding. 

Yea, this event sucks it up this way.

I get the importance of mid level features, but folks telling people to ignore qpf output need to give it a rest....period.

I just walked home from work and had no idea how rapidly this is adding up!

Just barely made it into the good stuff it seems but were in it. 3 otg and snowing hard with great growth.

Yup, high ratio fluffy stuff here big flakes. Could see it piling up fast while I was waiting for the bus.

I think GHG is the only ASOS/AWOS with +SN officially right now. There's a lot of 3/4SM -SN around like TAN. With huge snow growth you can pile up 1"/hr even with 3/4SM.

Yeah, in order to get +S it's 1/4mi. I just think the ASOS at TAN has issues. Takes a miracle to get it down to that level. I think it would take 3-4"/hr type stuff to get it there. This stuff is incredible right now. Nothing like earlier this month. Piles up much easier with less QPF.

We got about that in Bristol, maybe 2 in.

Yeah, we're just ever so slightly too far north. Oh well, that's been the theme so far this winter. And then of course with the surprise storm the other day we were just a little too far southeast. :lol: Whereabouts in Bristol are you? I have relatives in Terryville and I worked at Lake Compounce for two summers.

Yeah, we're just ever so slightly too far north. Oh well, that's been the theme so far this winter. And then of course with the surprise storm the other day we were just a little too far southeast. :lol: Whereabouts in Bristol are you? I have relatives in Terryville and I worked at Lake Compounce for two summers.

Off of RT69 up by Wolcott

Archived