joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 21/22 winter storm Obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Box I think may need to up the 8-10 up through Woonsocket and Attleboro. That may bust low in that area

Beautiful snow growth -- large fluffy flakes. It's been like a ticker tape parade since is started around 3:30. So much snow in the air, and shows no signs of letting up on the radar.

I'll say 4", but that's just eyeball out the window. I can't even imagine if this keeps up all night. Wasn't expecting this.

8.4f -- East Woonsocket

Watching the past few runs of the RAP and with 18z GFS/NAM we still really can't completely discount a storm track which is slightly west of what's being shown and that would be terrific news for some.  

It's looking like models are not only going negatively tilted with the trough a bit sooner but it digs it a tad further south and if models aren't handling the cyclogenesis phase correctly...or handling exactly how quickly it really shapes up...that would explain a slightly further east track being displayed and there is still definitely room for a slight pull back west...especially considering the forward speed also seems to slow down somewhat.  

Beautiful snow growth -- large fluffy flakes. It's been like a ticker tape parade since is started around 3:30. So much snow in the air, and shows no signs of letting up on the radar.

I'll say 4", but that's just eyeball out the window. I can't even imagine if this keeps up all night. Wasn't expecting this.

8.4f -- East Woonsocket

The snow growth is terrific, it really is. Everything still has to pivot and come through. We could be in decent snows for 9-11 more hours maybe even 12.

10+ seems likely 12+ possible

Archived