joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 21/22 winter storm Obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's up with the lighter echos coming into ri??

This band is starting to rot out and will shift east and south over time as it orients more N/S

Snow will lull up outside of this narrowing band over the next several hours.  This was the big push, later tonight may mostly miss most of us.   Then we focus on OE and a fringe job on the CCB which right now looks like it misses, JMHO.

I'm hoping this band can maintain some but models show it dwindling from here on out.  And looking at the radar it's definitely on the move.

I don't think we get more than a coating to an inch.  Deformation bands and just nothing making it this far north.  Better luck next time though the next systems I think take the same pattern. Congrats to the south.

Yeah you're even worse off in Amherst than I am here. We'll weenie flake to about 3'' by tomorrow morning probably. Probably just enough for lousy roads yet totally meager snowfall. Lose-lose.

Update on the way, pretty much along these lines.

Your compadres to the south may have some issues in their S and E zones too.  We'll see how this plays out but the late night thump went to a late night lighter snow with some OE enhancement.  It's close on the new NAM....still brings it up over us.  Hoping for a fronto thump this time here.

I don't think we get more than a coating to an inch.  Deformation bands and just nothing making it this far north.  Better luck next time though the next systems I think take the same pattern. Congrats to the south.

We had the October bomb at least :D

CCB should come up and over Cape Cod, thinking the warm front makes a close approach with some thunderstorms approaching the south coastal waters and maybe some thunder snows.

It's going to be so close James...let's hope we get it to setup a little NW.  NAM is a hit and has been all along, maybe even a little better than the 18z but it's the NAM.

I have no idea what to expect the next 6-9 hours.  I'm hoping to see OE setup better, and still have some mid level stuff to work with

Archived