19 here...I hate UHI

yeah...I'm up to 19

18/3

my temp is starting to piss me off...it hasnt dropped in like 5 hours

18/4  :axe:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is a perfect night for a Bear Grylls survival crash course: Get some vodka cold enthusiasts and go to a frozen pond, cut a hole in the ice near the shore, in water three feet deep. Pretend to fall in. Get thoroughly soaked. Clamber out. Roll in the dry snowpack and let the dry snow draw the water away from your body. Build a fire, dry off your wet clothes and survive. Get pictures or it never happened.

11.7 and dropping slowly, though steadily. Might be able to get to 9...maybe 8 if it stays still.

Cold.

Edit: Make that 11.3

Looks like I hit 9.3 for a low. I woke up at 1:00 or so and it was 9.5. Woke up at 7:30 and it was the same, then dropped to 9.3. I wonder if there was a little breeze that kept it from dropping any more between 1:00 and 7:00.

6.2 for my low. 

Looks like the big three will come in with lows of:

BWI: 7

IAD: 9

DCA: A balmy 17

Looking ahead to Monday/Tuesday....I don't think I've ever seen wind chill watches hoisted before. Western MD, parts of WV and Western PA have them for WCs in the -20 to -40 range. And after today's high, International Falls will not reach 0 again until sometime on Thursday. Would love to just spend one winter up there. 

Record low for MRB. 2 degrees this morning; broke the old record of 4 set in 1981.

Just missed yesterday's record with a 5 degree low before midnight. Record of 4 from 1971 still stands for the 3rd.

The record for 1/7 (Tuesday) is 2 set in 1988. That one is in trouble too.

For my station, my low this morning was the 2nd coldest reading in the 8 years I've been here. Had a -5 in Jan 2009 and today beat the 2 degree reading from early March 2007.

Archived