Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Grinch Torch!

CT Rain

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really is grinchy out.....left West Hartford today to go to Milford at 1pm with probably 6" pack left in the front yard and when we got back at 9pm it was gone.....I mean gone....sure I've got some left where I tossed the snow but this is pretty lame.....Decemer the new Morch....:axe:

Overall this month has been well below average. Huh

Overall this month has been well below average. Huh

I don't know where to fall on this.....the past week was nice with the early pack getting set up and then BAM it's gone.....I'm reading I shouldn't be bummed by it but I am.....I mean in some years we've had to wait until January to get things going and maybe thats where were headed this year but to have it and lose it a few days later is worse i think than waiting the couple of more weeks to get it going.....whatever.....SNE I guess....or thats what I'm told.....for a place that gets such great snows it can be a struggle to hold on to it.....man 2010-11 was so awesome.....I need my 30" pack back....

I don't know where to fall on this.....the past week was nice with the early pack getting set up and then BAM it's gone.....I'm reading I shouldn't be bummed by it but I am.....I mean in some years we've had to wait until January to get things going and maybe thats where were headed this year but to have it and lose it a few days later is worse i think than waiting the couple of more weeks to get it going.....whatever.....SNE I guess....or thats what I'm told.....for a place that gets such great snows it can be a struggle to hold on to it.....man 2010-11 was so awesome.....I need my 30" pack back....

Well you might be one of the hardest spots to maintain snowpack in SNE that isn't right on the coast. But really, this big warmup is going to take out most people's snow...it was unavoidable. If it had been a more mundane mild spell, then it probably would have survived. (it still might north of the pike where the warm spell may get cutoff tomorrow)

Well you might be one of the hardest spots to maintain snowpack in SNE that isn't right on the coast. But really, this big warmup is going to take out most people's snow...it was unavoidable. If it had been a more mundane mild spell, then it probably would have survived. (it still might north of the pike where the warm spell may get cutoff tomorrow)

Yeah the curse of the Valley is a tough pill to swallow sometimes but we've had our moments so I don't complain too much....Feb 2006 megaband ruled....Oct 2011 powerless for 8 days.....Boxing Day 2010 fail followed by an epic stretch of snow with a pack of 30" by Feb 1 2011....just tremendous....Blizzard Feb 2013 with that massive death band....what a night that was....

This warmup blows but I love it here and generally accept the trade off....still snow rules and looking forward to the new year....

Archived