• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Grinch Torch!

CT Rain

I think it will be key if there is period of CAD north of the pike on Sunday...even if it is like a 35F rain. That would halt the melting quite a bit. If it stays 54/54 with fog/rain, then its gone.

But this stuff is currently bulletproof...so it will have a shot if the worst of it on Sunday can be avoided for all but a few hours. 47/29 softens it up and the constant dripping is audible, but its a pretty slow melt at those dewpoints. Its the 54/54 stuff that is just a total snow eater.

I may be wrong, but I think they'll wedge in nicely here. It may end up a slushy couple of inches left, but I think it survives. Of course all bets are off if the front does not make it this far south.

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't find anyone outside of the folks on this board that are crying over losing the snowcover. Everyone I work with could care less if all the snow melts away. I'd like to have snow on Christmas, but that not the norm here anyway 50% out of the time.

I saw two guys ice fishing out on Upper Bolton Lake this morning on the way to work, good way to get out and enjoy some early season ice before it's gone.

I can't find anyone outside of the folks on this board that are crying over losing the snowcover. Everyone I work with could care less if all the snow melts away. I'd like to have snow on Christmas, but that not the norm here anyway 50% out of the time.

I saw two guys ice fishing out on Upper Bolton Lake this morning on the way to work, good way to get out and enjoy some early season ice before it's gone.

I doubt the ice is going to completely melt

well...to be fair. most other people don't stay up until 2:30AM to see the 6z NAM either. 

My daughters were devastated when I told them. Almost in tears. I know plenty of folks who want snow otg for Xmas

Hey for those that like it warm, not only do you get a weekend reprieve from the cold, but Sunday begins the slow climb towards spring as the days begin to lengthen. We've already gained a few minutes on the sunset.

That I like.  I'm not a big fan of the darkness of winter.  Best solution would be if we could get winter with the summer daylight ;)

My daughters were devastated when I told them. Almost in tears. I know plenty of folks who want snow otg for Xmas

I like snow on Xmas obviously like most of us, but I almost think the "after thaw" left over frozen crusty snow is just as bad as no snow.  Its pretty close at least...nothing like dirty snow banks, crusty snow, melted out under the evergreens, ice pack in the yard with grass showing in spots, etc.  I know it counts as a white Xmas, but its not the same as fluffy, dry un-aborted snow on Christmas Day. 

I like snow on Xmas obviously like most of us, but I almost think the "after thaw" left over frozen crusty snow is just as bad as no snow. Its pretty close at least...nothing like dirty snow banks, crusty snow, melted out under the evergreens, ice pack in the yard with grass showing in spots, etc. I know it counts as a white Xmas, but its not the same as fluffy, dry un-aborted snow on Christmas Day.

After this massacre we won't have any of those left. Not even snow banks

I hear you, I'm not thrilled to lose it especially right before Christmas and after commuting through the storms and shoveling it, but it's not a real reason to get upset IMO. I'm looking forward to getting out with my son for some skiing next friday, but we'll probably be skiing on mostly manmade snow.

Right or wrong I consider snowcover this close to Christmas enough to make me happy and I'll enjoy it down to the last melting snowpile.

Hey for those that like it warm, not only do you get a weekend reprieve from the cold, but Sunday begins the slow climb towards spring as the days begin to lengthen. We've already gained a few minutes on the sunset.

Even though we're just settling in to winter I always found the winter solstice a bit annoying in that it marks the day the slow crawl toward spring begins.....

Archived