Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
12/17 Clipper Observations

NorEastermass128

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It snows in New England. When you get a burst of 1"-2" per hour snows during the commute roads will suck, people will get in accidents, and it will take people a long time.

We can't shut down commerce for 3" of snow and no matter what warning/advisory/watch is in effect people will still hit the roads after work. Not much you can do.

We certainly can think about changing the system to resemble the nesis rating. 3" of snow during rush hour (feels more like 12") in densely populated areas of CT has a much higher impact then 12" in rural north dokata in the overnight hours. The former is an advisory nobody pays attention to and the latter means more to the public, all 29 of them.

The snow hole did me in.  1", light/moderate graupel falling, 25 degrees.  Judging by what I just shoveled, it's been mostly graupel all day, which is why accumulations never built up.  Looks like one last band coming as a last hurrah.  Maybe I get to 2", but I believe this storm is toast for East Bay RI.  This is the second storm in less than a year where we got significantly dry slotted in RI compared to surrounding areas.

and it was dumping ala powder freak here in melrose, when i stuck my head out @ work. just snow globe type snow. not many showing up for their workouts tonite....hope they don't mind i have the radar on all the tv's lol

i think if ratio's are decent someone is def seeing 2/hr in n shore right now.

Archived