12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
12/17 Clipper Observations

NorEastermass128

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the main roads outside at Copley Square are snow covered and its piling up fast.

Pru Tower is becoming obscured and its only like a quarter mile.

I forget how disruptive even snow covered roads can be in and around the Boston area and suburbs...when you guys post about 1-2" on a roadway I'm thinking that's not that bad, but in bumper to bumper traffic on 128/90/93 etc that must be a real PITA.

This one timed rush hour perfectly. CT highways are at a standstill. If anyone looks at a traffic map, it is all red lines everywhere with some red/black one...which means NO movement lol.

It's things like this that make me wonder if my job even matters...

It's not like this wasn't forecast, and forecast to specifically impact evening rush.

Measured 2.3" with 1.3" in the last hour. Intensity is still quite good but a hair less than it was before.

I had medical stuff today and just got home. So far no ds. It has been pounding but sometimes lets up to 1/2-1/3 but frequently <1/4. Reminds me of 2/7/03 with the cold and no wind with heavy snow. Btw cf back east of BOS....23/21 there now after spiking to 27.

It's not like this wasn't forecast, and forecast to specifically impact evening rush.

Seriously though regardless of a forecast or what you say +SN at 4pm is always going to cause a mess. Not sure any specific warning/advisory matters. I will say that this storm has way more impact (with an advisory) than the last one did (with a warning). Cold season headlines with specific criteria are just sort of silly. 

A big problem is that people hear and see, "wwa for 2-4"...and auto think no big deal. In comparison, saturdays event was on a weekend and was mostly light until evening hours. Though a bigger storm per say but it had leas of an impact. I dunno if anything can be done though....

Archived