joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter Thread 2

H2O

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12Z NAM is testing us for the weekend. Now that we have the perceived snow-hole highlighted on a customized map, the highlighted zones are going to pay. The Rockville crush zone will be just that though, a crush zone of hopes of the non-weenies up there...snow wish-casting denial at its finest ;)

7 springs, timberline, etc. should be great. Personally don't like wisp, but I know it's favorite for some since it's the only one in MD. I've been thinking of taking up cross country skiing. Lots of trails in the area never get touched once the snow falls and you can have them to yourself.

7 springs, timberline, etc. should be great. Personally don't like wisp, but I know it's favorite for some since it's the only one in MD. I've been thinking of taking up cross country skiing. Lots of trails in the area never get touched once the snow falls and you can have them to yourself.

wisp isn't bad.  i probably would go there if i wasn't going to deep creek later this month.

one of these days i need to get back up to killington, preferably not during a cold arctic outbreak.

Late to the game here, but...

I think the Mattie meltdown zone could also be subtitled "but at least we aren't DC"

:D

I lived in the District for seven years and in Fairlington for four - I know that my location is much better than where I used to be, even if it's certainly not the best (sorry, city folk).

I considered this:

I was having a *rough* day on Sunday. That's exactly how I felt! :lol:

I've been going to Wisp the past four years (the last two years I lucked out getting a foot of snow the weekends I was there).  It's decent considering the area especially for novice skiers like myself.  We are trying out Snowshoe in a few weeks to switch things up.  I hope it's not the only decent snow I'll see this winter!

Archived