12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December Banter Thread 2

H2O

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see anybody beating fl st tbh. They aren't a shootout team like auburn. Fl st is a barbed wire fence on d. They would have to choke tp lose imo.

That's my feeling for the most part, at least in theory.  FSU has an excellent "D", I'd say better than what Auburn faced vs. Alabama.  Auburn's running attack is scary, and I'm sure they'll get their yards in that game, but not like they did in the SEC championship.  Plus FSU's offense, especially passing, should be able to take advantage of Auburn's secondary from what I've seen/heard.  But who knows, that's why they play the games.  Honestly, I'd love to see the 'Noles in a blow-out rather than a nail-biter that goes to the end!

Gotta love NOAA's winter forecast they put out lol it says we have equal chances of haveing below normal temps. But also we have equal chances of above normal temps. And equal chances of below normal precip and equal chances of above normal precip. So basically they r saying they have no frigginn clue lol. Billions of dollars in state of the art technology and they are still dumber then a lab monkey lol

Since we're firmly entrenched in the banter thread, here goes:

This is easily one of the top 10 most uninformed and egregiously wrong posts I've ever seen on the interwebs.  And, no, I don't work for NOAA.

Since we're firmly entrenched in the banter thread, here goes:

This is easily one of the top 10 most uninformed and egregiously wrong posts I've ever seen on the interwebs.  And, no, I don't work for NOAA.

the problem with the forecast is that is how the average person  reads it and that person is, more likely than not, without college level statistics courses to aid his/her in deciphering that forecast

the messenger either needs to send a new message or be prepared for criticism like that post because it is the messenger's job to get the message to the masses in a form the masses can understand as intended

Today we just barely met my specs for calling it another day of snow cover. I mean, we are down to the bare minimum for snow cover, like 5 percent. If you look, you can still find snowpack on the north sides of houses, in the woods, and on the north sides of hills. Glendale Rd is notorious for sporting north facing yards which still have patches of snow/sleet on the grass, and I don't mean piled up snow either.

Tomorrow our high is supposed to be only 35 degrees. Can we manage a low tonight in the mid 20s? Can we manage NOT to shoot over 35 to 40 degrees for a high temperature tomorrow? If so, the patchy snow that is barely hanging on might just make it another day before that warmup erases it. In places the ground is frozen, I really hate to see that mild weather thaw it.

So far the plowed piles of sleet snow are holding up, but once we start getting well above freezing overnight lows - bye bye snow piles too. 

It's back to reality with a Washington-styled warmup come Thursday thru Sunday. Break out the spring wardrobe, the beer, and the cookouts.

Archived