joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
TS Andrea Remnants Forecast/Obs Disco

WxUSAF

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy, The radar estimate says you should have ~1.5" but you we're right in line with DCA with last night's train and they had 2.08 since yesterday (1.22" since midnight). So your 2.27" seems within possibility but on the high end.

Yeah.  I looked at that as well so it still makes me think that my wx station might just be off some.  I'll have to check on how to calibrate it to make sure.  i may just knock 10-15% off my totals until then.

I was not expecting to get over an inch (1.20) of rain last night before the main event even gets here!  I have hardly had water the garden and new plants at all so far.  We got 1.65" this past Sun/Mon.

Another thing I like is that last week's heat wave, which looked bad a few days prior, was not bad at all.  We just reached 90 those days and the humidity was not too high, making for actually pleasant evenings.  Seems like the last couple summers it would take nothing for the temps to zoom effortlessly into the 90s to near 100.  Good signs for this summer.

Yeah.  I looked at that as well so it still makes me think that my wx station might just be off some.  I'll have to check on how to calibrate it to make sure.  i may just knock 10-15% off my totals until then.

Open it up and check if there if the tip switches are covered by gunk or there is something in the tiny buckets, any extra weight that may be causing early tips. A long time ago I had a piece of bird poop that raised my totals by 50% :lol:

Open it up and check if there if the tip switches are covered by gunk or there is something in the tiny buckets, any extra weight that may be causing early tips. A long time ago I had a piece of bird poop that raised my totals by 50% :lol:

well ain't that some sh*t

Barely 0.2" in the last 6 hours.  The batch from here to Richmond is good rain, but nothing special.  The places that are going to end up with the big totals will be getting the stuff close to the low itself (like Wes said).  Interesting difference between the short term models in that the RAP wants to put that line right over DC, while the NAM puts it over the bay.

I put one of those little containers for a breast pump outside yesterday evening at around 7:00 (without my wife's knowledge) and just measured exactly 2.5" in it.  Would have been a more exact measurement to tell everyone what it was in mL, but that doesn't really work with rain I guess...

:lol:

I wish I had thought about doing that before I left today (mine isn't getting any use anymore)

since midnight, only .23 here

Heavy rain last Sunday night.  Heavy rain Thursday and Friday.  Chance of thunderstorms this weekend and into early next week.  Very unsettled.

This is my 4th June in Leesburg, and the prior 3 looked nothing like this.  Let's hope it continues.

Archived