wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
TS Andrea Remnants Forecast/Obs Disco

WxUSAF

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you guys think about flights into DCA tonight?  I have one from San Juan to DCA that lands at 10.

You should be fine. Hopefully the heavy stuff will be off to the NE by then, I wouldnt expect anything crazy in delays tonight. Maybe 30 mins delays but since you are flying in from SJU, you will be fine unless they enforce a ground stop prior to your departure from SJU.  DCA, IAD and BWI have been running pretty much on time so far today.

Wish we could eek out another 2" of rain, will be lucky to get and 0.25" I suppose.

pretty healthy moisture fetch pointed our way right now. not sure you get the best up north but plenty more rain to come for some.

3.34".  My wx station might have been made by BethesdaBoy

your area looks like it's in/near a max per doppler estimates.. may be high but maybe not way off.

Did it come with a Grill cover?

I put it on my roof.  Its a hassle to go read it

your area looks like it's in/near a max per doppler estimates.. may be high but maybe not way off.

which place are you using for estimates?  wunderground nexrad still shows 1.5-2" so it makes me wonder.  No big deal.  It's not like I'm inflating snow totals which is verboten.

I put it on my roof.  Its a hassle to go read it

which place are you using for estimates?  wunderground nexrad still shows 1.5-2" so it makes me wonder.  No big deal.  It's not like I'm inflating snow totals which is verboten.

i was partly assuming the estimates are low tho maybe not.

1.88" since midnight, 2.37" storm total right now.

Really seeing an easterly movement on Raleigh's radar.  That is going to be the thing that keeps the immediate metro area from getting any high totals this evening.  Annapolis east maybe.  You guys out west were never really in a good spot on this one.

GFS showed this 2 wave sort of pattern with todays rain for awhile.  Heaviest rain late morning/early afternoon, then a lull, then the core of the storm moving through in another 4-6 hours.  Question is where does it exactly track.  12z GFS slams RIC and Wes's house and glances I-95.  

GFS showed this 2 wave sort of pattern with todays rain for awhile. Heaviest rain late morning/early afternoon, then a lull, then the core of the storm moving through in another 4-6 hours. Question is where does it exactly track. 12z GFS slams RIC and Wes's house and glances I-95.

Looks like the heaviest stripe that the gfs/nam were showing yesterday is going to end up verifying a touch east. I think I'm out of the heavy stuff for the remainder. Even though the gfs was too wet yesterday it did do a pretty good job painting the strip. It's pretty narrow so the dif between a lot and a little isn't very many miles.

Archived