joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
TS Andrea Remnants Forecast/Obs Disco

WxUSAF

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks...precip bomb for sure.  GFS didn't have anything like that before (although it did have another round of precip Saturday a couple times recently).  Wonder what the King will say...

Could convective feedback be in play with this run?  Even if RGEM had it as MN noted above?

I want bendy trees.

WxUSAF: Small shortwave at 500 that kicked Andrea out in the first place using the moist tropical front it left behind as a precip bomb when the two overlap.

Looks like the small shortwave induces a wave on the frontal zone.  Anyway,  the GFS track is worrisome in terms of QPF for west of Richmond in terms of wet and possible flash flooding.  The double wham-mo over us is also interesting.  I want to go fishing monday so I hope it doesn't screw up the river too much. 

Looks like the small shortwave induces a wave on the frontal zone.  Anyway,  the GFS track is worrisome in terms of QPF for west of Richmond in terms of wet and possible flash flooding.  The double wham-mo over us is also interesting.  I want to go fishing monday so I hope it doesn't screw up the river too much. 

Yeah, a flood watch is going to have to be hoisted sooner or later.

(For some reason the 24hr FFG isn't available, so this is the 12 hr, but it's about the same, just add .5 to 1")

post-741-0-46830200-1370540528_thumb.gif

Yeah, a flood watch is going to have to be hoisted sooner or later.

(For some reason the 24hr FFG isn't available, so this is the 12 hr, but it's about the same, just add .5 to 1")

attachicon.gifffg_MD_12.gif

I would be surprised to see any flood products come out of this.  Really doesn't seem like it's going to be a big rain maker for us in the DC / Baltimore area.

I would be surprised to see any flood products come out of this.  Really doesn't seem like it's going to be a big rain maker for us in the DC / Baltimore area.

It depends on the track.  right now it is too far east to bullseye Baltimore but maybe not for Richmond.  I doubt the NWS will issue anything until the track becomes more evident. 

It depends on the track.  right now it is too far east to bullseye Baltimore but maybe not for Richmond.  I doubt the NWS will issue anything until the track becomes more evident. 

Well I've just been made a fool:

New event. Flash Flood Watch from 6/7/2013 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM EDT for Montgomery County, Carroll County. More information.

I've been in Richmond the past two days. Haven't seen any rain here. Looks like I've picked up nearly 2.00" of rain on my PWS back in Roanoke. Not looking forward to driving in the rain to head back home tomorrow..

18z GFS is super wet...4 to 5 inches of rain I-95 corridor... 18z NAM not far off either with 3 to 4 inches...

18z GFS also does same thing 12z GFS did but a little less on the QPF... drives Andrea through Friday night... Sat morning lull... then Sat early afternoon brings in a complex from the SW moving NE... 18z NAM chuckles at such a scenario and basically gives us nothing Saturday

Archived