joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
TS Andrea Remnants Forecast/Obs Disco

WxUSAF

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think the rain along the BR and the eastern slopes of the mountains further west will be greater than that.  I actually hope not, but a se flow is a precip producer back here.

I've only looked at this morning's NAM, but the circulation is so small that there actually isn't a SE component to the wind at any level out by the BR. 

Doesn't rain from tropical lows expand further west then modeled in this type of situation? 

In this specific case much will hinge on the exact track of the center of circulation. Heaviest axis of precip will be narrow. Very compact circulation moving through. The only way heavier precip expands west in this case is if the center ends up passing to the left of guidance. 

Canadian goes BOOM and is 5''+ area wide. Would not be surprised to see isolated amounts over 8'' if that were to verify. 

Depending on what this thing does I think I will be traveling to the lower Chesapeake bay to see if I can measure some decent sustained.

I've only looked at this morning's NAM, but the circulation is so small that there actually isn't a SE component to the wind at any level out by the BR. 

I would guess that the heaviest stripe will be just west of the track as a weak front develops to the north of it and the moisture overruns the boundary   As you note the current forecast track would not put a lot of upslope into the mountains near here.  

I would guess that the heaviest stripe will be just west of the track as a weak front develops to the north of it and the moisture overruns the boundary   As you note the current forecast track would not put a lot of upslope into the mountains near here.  

lol what do you know.

:P

In this specific case much will hinge on the exact track of the center of circulation. Heaviest axis of precip will be narrow. Very compact circulation moving through. The only way heavier precip expands west in this case is if the center ends up passing to the left of guidance. 

Wouldn't a weaker system have a less defined back side cutoff?

I want bendy trees.

WxUSAF: Small shortwave at 500 that kicked Andrea out in the first place using the moist tropical front it left behind as a precip bomb when the two overlap.

Thanks...precip bomb for sure.  GFS didn't have anything like that before (although it did have another round of precip Saturday a couple times recently).  Wonder what the King will say...

Thanks...precip bomb for sure.  GFS didn't have anything like that before (although it did have another round of precip Saturday a couple times recently).  Wonder what the King will say...

I say it's gon rain

Archived