• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2013 obs/disco

2010 extreme

Same here - grass and vegetation here are nice and green.  Plants doing well without extra watering.

I've only watered the whole garden once, but the carrots in the planter have been getting it more regularly.  I've also been watering the peas since they do well with more water, especially in warm conditions like we just had.  And the onions were getting good doses until recently when they started to bulb out.

The rain yesterday and today, along with the mild temps, should keep me from having to water for at least the next five days or so.  Hopefully we'll get another nice easy soaking before then.

I've been mowing like a mofo though...

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only watered the whole garden once, but the carrots in the planter have been getting it more regularly.  I've also been watering the peas since they do well with more water, especially in warm conditions like we just had.  And the onions were getting good doses until recently when they started to bulb out.

The rain yesterday and today, along with the mild temps, should keep me from having to water for at least the next five days or so.  Hopefully we'll get another nice easy soaking before then.

I've been mowing like a mofo though...

Yeah, the mowing has been a pain.  Without the usual severe heat we start getting in May to brown things out, grass has been growing like crazy.  Plus, we've been getting rain at regular intervals (poured last night for awhile, garden is pretty muddy this morning), which helps, even if we're below our YTD rainfall totals so far.

For the gardening experts on the board........is it too late to plant tomatoes and peppers (banana, jalapeno, green, red, etc.)? Would be nursery bought plants already growing in pots transplanted into the ground.

Not at all too late. Production will be a little delayed, but certainly not denied. Vegetables usually struggle for a bit when first transplanted, but once they get established they should take off.

0.98". Anything that keeps my water bill down is welcome.

I just checked my station and for the last 24 hours I have 1.53"

My grass is drowning.

And i will ignore that last comment about water bills.  I would prefer you flush away to compensate.

You were getting every storm last summer? I was in the sprinkles... Maybe a switch this year?

Wouldn't surprise me.  Its been below average for precip most of the year here.  Maybe later this week will change that.  Could use a good soaker.

Jan 3.41"

Feb 1.57"

Mar 1.75"

Apr 2.69"

May 3.51"

This is scary. Turn around don't drown couldn't be more true.

Description:

This is a view from my D-TEG dashcam. I approached a flooded road and made a quick U-turn rather than driving into the water. This was a naturally smart move. Unfortunately my turn resulted in me plunging off a hidden embankment and splashing nose-first right into a swollen creek where I sunk straight to the bottom, I traveled several hundred feet underwater with the car quickly filling up. At one point I was completely surrounded by water and just holding my breath in the darkness. Somehow the driver-side and passenger-side windows broke and I was flushed from the vehicle. I surfaced after a bit and found myself racing down the creek. A cop called out to me and I was able to swim to him and his life-saving grab.

Yeah, the mowing has been a pain. Without the usual severe heat we start getting in May to brown things out, grass has been growing like crazy. Plus, we've been getting rain at regular intervals (poured last night for awhile, garden is pretty muddy this morning), which helps, even if we're below our YTD rainfall totals so far.

I'd much rather mow every week than see any kind of brownness or patches in the grass. I despise anything that comes close to drought.

Green is good :)

Archived