• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
June 2013 obs/disco

2010 extreme

I think it is. Looks like it has legs. The pattern in the pac has shuffled a bit. Persistent troughing in the pac nw with no road block in se canada will pump the heights up pretty good in the east. If it sets up as advertised it will be tough to knock this ridge out of the way.

looks a bit different than our big heat ridges of recent years.. perhaps more humidity and less highest end heat. tho the gfs does build the 500 ridge over us at times so it will prob be hot.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks a bit different than our big heat ridges of recent years.. perhaps more humidity and less highest end heat. tho the gfs does build the 500 ridge over us at times so it will prob be hot.

Yea, I'm just thinking it's the first "real" heat of the summer but far from scorching. A string of low-mid 90's with mid 70's dews look like a fair guess.

Wow,  sure rains heavy across Charles county when I was down in Waldorf to buy a dehumidifier.  Looked like it had also rained pretty hard in mby but I haven't yet gotten to the rain gauge.  Looks like they got the part for my air handler so tomorrow I should have my air conditioning back. 

Wow,  sure rains heavy across Charles county when I was down in Waldorf to buy a dehumidifier.  Looked like it had also rained pretty hard in mby but I haven't yet gotten to the rain gauge.  Looks like they got the part for my air handler so tomorrow I should have my air conditioning back. 

:thumbsup:

I haven't shopped humidifiers in a few years, what are they running now?

Obs-  Rain started in Baltimore about 45 minutes ago.  Of course I left my umbrella in the car.

Obs-  Rain started in Baltimore about 45 minutes ago.  Of course I left my umbrella in the car.

It depends on how much water it will take out of the house so the price varies a lot.  We got a pretty big one as our basement gets pretty humid. 

my umbrella is at home, though at work i park in a garage so i dont need to go outside. however, i need to pick up the little one today, so i'm hoping the rain stays south long enough that i dont get soaked at daycare lol

Wow. Looks like close to 2" up this way. Poured for about an hour.

You get any from the storm yesterday?

Nothing but bright sunshine yesterday (daytime).  Saw storms to my N and S, but nothing... and it was warm in SC.

We did get a storm last night around 11:45PM which, of course, woke me up from slumber.  Had a brief downpour and a couple big lightning strikes, one that knocked out my power for a few seconds.  Rain drops so large it sounded like hail against the windows.  There was about .3 in my gauge from that, but my gauge seems to measure too high.  Didn't check it against the Wx Bug station, so not sure how much we got.  It was so brief I doubt it was more than about .15 or so.

Storms coming through now, with some more heavy rain.  We've had a lot of rain this month, as evidenced by the Potomac near Point of Rocks, which is running much higher and faster than it normally does this time of year.  I would have to think there are no drought concerns for this area at this point.

Archived