Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
June 2013 obs/disco

2010 extreme

*raises hand*  I'm happy my A/C was fixed...  :sun:

Glad to hear it.  our AC  went out yesterday and I just found out that the part needed to fix it won't get here until Friday. I'm not happy though the clouds are helping keep it cool in the house so I guess I'm not unhappy about the weather.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm telling ya, people are never happy around here

It's a diverse group with varied tastes in what they consider to be "ideal" weather, so there will always be someone unhappy, no matter the conditions.  Personally, I'm loving the weather these days - sunshine, thunderstorms at regular intervals to keep things interesting, not too hot or too cold for the time of year.  Good stuff.

I have not yet used my AC this summer. None of the days IMO have warranted it in my case.

The waterfront humidity became rain forest-like yesterday and I don't have a dehumidifier. Thus, I kicked the A/C on for a few hours, and turned it off at 78 degrees (when I started getting cold.  :blink: )

That will be a distant memory as we move through the last week of the month

Maybe so, but you've had a good run of normal to below-normal temperatures since February.  And I'm not so sure we don't go back to normal or below normal temperatures after a week or so of heat.

Maybe so, but you've had a good run of normal to below-normal temperatures since February.  And I'm not so sure we don't go back to normal or below normal temperatures after a week or so of heat.

Only March was below normal.  April, May and June-to-date are all above normal.  

Glad to hear it.  our AC  went out yesterday and I just found out that the part needed to fix it won't get here until Friday. I'm not happy though the clouds are helping keep it cool in the house so I guess I'm not unhappy about the weather.

If the warmth becomes unbearable, I suggest strategically placed flexible ice packs. :o:D

I hope everyone enjoys the second half of this week. It's looking like a lock that we roast next week with 90's and plenty of humidity to go around. My mom once told me that if I don't have anything nice to say then I should just STFU. So I won't be around in this thread for a while.

You've been pointing toward these death ridges for a while. Think this is the one?

Will be over 5" in June before this day through.  Too hot at least 5 months a year here and too humid 95% of the time...

With my WV place behind me my quest for the PWN is beginning in earnest.

One day I'll be able to look back with a smile that I am no longer living in my second least favorite climate.

It has been a great season for the several trees I planted here in Boyce. :loon:

You've been pointing toward these death ridges for a while. Think this is the one?

I think it is. Looks like it has legs. The pattern in the pac has shuffled a bit. Persistent troughing in the pac nw with no road block in se canada will pump the heights up pretty good in the east. If it sets up as advertised it will be tough to knock this ridge out of the way.

JJA 2010-2012 will haunt our recent history bias for quite some time.

EDIT: FWIW, highs are only around +0.9 for June, with lows around +3.

That's the thing.  Above-normal lows don't really play into how most people feel a month went.  Same goes for getting string of normal to below-normal days (highs) whose negative departure gets blown away by a day or two that's well above average.

We all rejoice (with the exception of a select few) with the lack of 90s and sustained death ridges thus far; yet we look up and find above normal April and May and a +2 month in DC, which is probably headed for +3 by the time all is said and done, and then you realize just how easy it is here for heat.

KOKV was below for May.

Archived