amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
June 2013 obs/disco

2010 extreme

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome morning!  And no 90-plus heat waves in sight.  On the other hand there's this snippet from the LWX disco.  No thanks!

00Z OPERATIONAL GFS PROGS A SHORTWAVE LOW TO EJECT FROM COLORADO
SUNDAY NIGHT...RIDGE ALONG THE FRONTAL ZONE...AND TRACK ACROSS THE
CENTRAL MID-ATLANTIC TUESDAY NIGHT. THIS WOULD BE A FAVORABLE TRACK
FOR TUESDAY AFTERNOON/EVENING SEVERE WEATHER...INCLUDING TORNADOES
AND DAMAGING WINDS.

Awesome morning!  And no 90-plus heat waves in sight.  On the other hand there's this snippet from the LWX disco.  No thanks!

00Z OPERATIONAL GFS PROGS A SHORTWAVE LOW TO EJECT FROM COLORADO

SUNDAY NIGHT...RIDGE ALONG THE FRONTAL ZONE...AND TRACK ACROSS THE

CENTRAL MID-ATLANTIC TUESDAY NIGHT. THIS WOULD BE A FAVORABLE TRACK

FOR TUESDAY AFTERNOON/EVENING SEVERE WEATHER...INCLUDING TORNADOES

AND DAMAGING WINDS.

But the payoff behind that system is something to look forward to. Unfortunately in this area at this time of year we have to have the bad with the good. Revel in the good and hope you're not the house with 7 trees through the roof!

Without looking at any official numbers.....if the long range holds true and we make it to July 1 without any more 90+ days, many of us will make it to July 1 with no more than 5 90+ days this year. I can't remember the last time we made it so far into summer with that few a number of days at or above 90. I don't think we've had more than 1 morning where it was really uncomfortable first thing in the morning.

Without looking at any official numbers.....if the long range holds true and we make it to July 1 without any more 90+ days, many of us will make it to July 1 with no more than 5 90+ days this year. I can't remember the last time we made it so far into summer with that few a number of days at or above 90. I don't think we've had more than 1 morning where it was really uncomfortable first thing in the morning.

your average high/low right now is around 83/62.....June really isn't that warm a month, particularly the 1st half.......BWI is +2 for the month....the last 3 summers really messed with people....June can be quite nice....July is vile 80% of the time, but June is a nice month....even last year it was nice until the death wave at the end....

Currently running below normal for the month in Winchester. If we hold it, it'll be 7 of the past 10.

Be hard though. June normal highs aren't that high.

June is basically early september redux for the 1st 2/3 and then we skyrocket into summer....the bonus is getting nice weather after the 20th....getting decent weather in the means the 1st 3 weeks is pretty standard....after about the 20th the goal is basically to stay out of the 90s...86-89 degree days are a victory from about June 20th to August 20th for us in DC....nobody should be lulled into a sense of complacency....even though I think this summer won't be too bad...we can expect weeks and weeks of 88-92 and 70-74 with a few cooler days mixed in because of rain or clouds...occasionally you get a front and you get an airmass that might keep you to sunny and only 86-87

You are definitely correct in stating that the last few years have messed with people.

your average high/low right now is around 83/62.....June really isn't that warm a month, particularly the 1st half.......BWI is +2 for the month....the last 3 summers really messed with people....June can be quite nice....July is vile 80% of the time, but June is a nice month....even last year it was nice until the death wave at the end....

It's gross out and not even that hot

i walked 5 blocks to have lunch with AK and AO and broke a nice sweat...came back in the office kind of dank with that sweat smell which I can still smell on my shirt...I'm sure one of the guys who drives in at 3am will be along to tell us how nice it was this morning with the windows open

i walked 5 blocks to have lunch with AK and AO and broke a nice sweat...came back in the office kind of dank with that sweat smell which I can still smell on my shirt...I'm sure one of the guys who drives in at 3am will be along to tell us how nice it was this morning with the windows open

lol, 

It was nice when I got up at 4:15 and hooked up the boat.  It was not nice by noon. 

Archived