joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2013 obs/disco

2010 extreme

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@NJWinter23...I will keep deleting your posts if you're using foul language.  

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

I just don't understand the pompous/mocking act Ian had to put on in multiple threads when I made a point, a point that ended up posted in this forum instead of the Phl forum where it was intended for (that's my mistake). But even so, how about you quote me and say I'm wrong instead of trying to make an a** out of me. I've been posting on the boards for 12 years now, way back to wright-weather, I've matured to the point where I try to always respond respectfully to the pro's and amateurs when they post an opinion/forecast that i disagree with. Sorry if I expect to be treated the same.

I agree.

I like a storm nearly as much as the next person, but I'm not interested in violent weather that may make me lose power or cause damage to my house.

Also agree... Never quite understood the people wishing for tornados and softball size hail in their backyard... I love big, honkin' storms with bright lightning, booming thunder, some wind and maybe small hail, but not really dangerous, life threatening weather.

I agree.

I like a storm nearly as much as the next person, but I'm not interested in violent weather that may make me lose power or cause damage to my house.

Agree completely.  I understand the desire to see awesome weather, but I draw the line on severe.  It is awesome, but it also destroys lives.  I'll find another way to get a thrill.

Also agree... Never quite understood the people wishing for tornados and softball size hail in their backyard... I love big, honkin' storms with bright lightning, booming thunder, some wind and maybe small hail, but not really dangerous, life threatening weather.

Agree completely.  I understand the desire to see awesome weather, but I draw the line on severe.  It is awesome, but it also destroys lives.  I'll find another way to get a thrill.

Yup and yup.

To each their own, but not for me.

We've had this debate before. The simple answer is most severe events don't give most people severe weather.  As interesting as it was, I could go a while without another derecho... but outside that type of event even a mod risk day is going to leave a lot of folks wondering what all the hype was about. 

I am really not wanting this forecast. My anxiety level is already going up. I used to enjoy storms but after last year with dealing with Debbie in FL, the Derecho up here and Sandy I am done. Just the thought of my girls in school tomorrow when this crap is supposed to hit is not sitting well with me. Just give me a garden variety TS and I am happy.

Archived