Newest Member
    12bet1 net
June 2013 obs/disco

2010 extreme

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As in June 2006? 

well that's probably too extreme.. i just couldn't think of another off the top of my head.  tho i'd assume a lot of our heavier rain events have a setup sorta like what's shown with the pattern over the conus. 

well that's probably too extreme.. i just couldn't think of another off the top of my head.  tho i'd assume a lot of our heavier rain events have a setup sorta like what's shown with the pattern over the conus. 

I looked at the reanalysis maps on PSU and they have a "similar" kind of look. 

Also - another noteworthy thing is LWX already has svr potential in the HWO for Thurs/Fri

I looked at the reanalysis maps on PSU and they have a "similar" kind of look. 

Also - another noteworthy thing is LWX already has svr potential in the HWO for Thurs/Fri

lee happened in a similar blocked pattern with a trough west tho the evolution and inputs were fairly different. 

a wet pattern is an awesome pattern

It's going to continue.  Hottie summers are not wet like this. This period right now is not comfortable but it's not 105 either.

If July keeps up the general 88-93 for high and  70-73 for lows in July that's not really nice and dry and just warm, it's hot and humid but not like recent summers.

It's going to continue.  Hottie summers are not wet like this. This period right now is not comfortable but it's not 105 either.

If July keeps up the general 88-93 for high and  70-73 for lows in July that's not really nice and dry and just warm, it's hot and humid but not like recent summers.

90-93/72-74 is pretty much default for July when it is dry and the sun is out.......throw in some rain and cloud days and the occasional 86-89 dry day because of NE or NW flow and you get a tolerable July....In July it is all about minimizing the damage....every day that is 92 or less is a victory to me..

Managed to mostly miss the storms again yesterday.  We got a .05" scraping from the afternoon storms that rolled through Winchester, but it did a good job of knocking the temps back.  Perfect timing too as it occurred during the peak heating hours.  We went from 86F (and it felt much, much worse than that with 70F dewpoints) to 72F when the storms came.  Not enough time left in the day to rebound fully; hence, yesterday afternoon / evening was actually kind of comfortable with the breeze.  Reminded be a lot of last summer when the days would start out hot and sticky, but frequently were interuppted with enough storms to make the rest of the day tolerable.

well at 6am it wasn't bad out... by 7am I did have to run the a/c when I drove into work. No need for the snark

Agree.  Playing with the dog in the backyard while it was 69° at 6:30am wasn't bad.  Getting into the car that had already been sitting in the sun at 8am required A/C.  Now its just gross out. 85.7

Archived