12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 27th Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BGM must have done well last night into today.  The NWS office is at 1600' and much higher than the city of BGM.  It would be like ALB having its office in the northern Helderbergs. 

It looks like mod-heavy snow has worked its way back into elevated sections of NPA and the southern tier of NY.  That could be a good sign for the higher elevations of NE later tonight.  BGM reporting snow and 1/2mi vis at 32F.  Snowing at Ithaca and Elmira as well.

BGM must have done well last night into today.  The NWS office is at 1600' and much higher than the city of BGM.  It would be like ALB having its office in the northern Helderbergs. 

I would guess BGM did well and they reported snow for several hours last night.  But the snow reports, even the elevated ones, and not very impressive from that forecast office.  Curiously, ENY appears to have done better, even valley regions.  They look to be getting raked right now, however. 

If you can keep a lid on that surface temp I think you could accumulate again later tonight.  Unfortunately the surface center in western NY keeps nudging temps higher.

It's nudging to be sure.  Now at 34.1/33

Any idea as to your total so far?

I'm going with 5" based on a measurement before + after wiping the board.  If there hadn't been so much compression, this would have been much better.  Oh, well.  Makes my winter a little less crappy.

I would guess BGM did well and they reported snow for several hours last night.  But the snow reports, even the elevated ones, and not very impressive from that forecast office.  Curiously, ENY appears to have done better, even valley regions.  They look to be getting raked right now, however. 

Sorry for more NY stuff, but I doubt they did real well based on the surrounding reports:

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=BGM&issuedby=BGM&product=PNS&format=txt&version=1&glossary=0

Archived