joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 27th Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back from downtown Plymouth NH and amazing differences in snow.  Hills have about 4" with trees sagging under the weight of the snow while along the Pemi River it is not sticking.  Even mixed along Newfound Lake.

Here   31.9"  moderate snow some blowing and drifting.  About 3.5"

If we continue to fail down here even tonight then my buddy and I might drive up to that area later lol.

Just took a sick weenie drive to 2K and the east slope above 1.5K through Peru, West Cummington, and Windsor and am the process of uploading photos now. I will post the link the album in a little. It was absolutely dumping 1-2" per hour paste there about 60-90 minutes ago. Granted there was a bit of extra omega at that point, so it may not be snowing quite that hard now, but still. The easterly LLJ is pounding those areas and they must have at least 8" of new snow there while I have partly cloudy skies and occasional drizzle. Amazing example of mesoscale meteorology in progress.

Just took a sick weenie drive to 2K and the east slope above 1.5K through Peru, West Cummington, and Windsor and am the process of uploading photos now. I will post the link the album in a little. It was absolutely dumping 1-2" per hour paste there about 60-90 minutes ago. Granted there was a bit of extra omega at that point, so it may not be snowing quite that hard now, but still. The easterly LLJ is pounding those areas and they must have at least 8" of new snow there while I have partly cloudy skies and occasional drizzle. Amazing example of mesoscale meteorology in progress.

THANK U

sometimes i wonder why more people with suitable transportation don't weenie out.  its an amazing world a few minutes away when elevation changes of 1-2k are right around the corner. isnt it awsesome to experience.

Also i see BGM getting clock'd right now....what is the forecast track of the mid level low later tonite in your opionion

congrats Pete

Thanks, just what I wanted to hear. I'll be headed to Savoy SF Friday me thinks.

Congrats. Wish I was in Maine. Don't think my pessimism earlier was unwarranted over here.

NH kind of got porked..even the Lakes region. Sometimes due erly flow does that over the mtns...although part of the reason was that the band was disorganized this morning. It's organizing now, just over ME. Best stuff in NH is right on the ME border even down to DAW.

Still just a couple flakes in AUG, even though radar has shown snow overhead for nearly 2 hr, some 20-25 dbz mini-bands included.  Dews have been mid-20s all day; maybe there's a dry layer above that's sucking up the snowfall?

GYX has bumped the foothills down a bit, to 6-12", lumping them with LEW/AUG zones.  I'm low elev (390") for the foothills, so I'm expecting low end of the range accum.  Regional radar shows a fairly limited precip shield - back edge moving thru N.Central MA, so I wonder just how long anything significant will be coming down here and at home, hoping things will fill in well.

NH kind of got porked..even the Lakes region. Sometimes due erly flow does that over the mtns...although part of the reason was that the band was disorganized this morning. It's organizing now, just over ME. Best stuff in NH is right on the ME border even down to DAW.

scott where is the 7h low near bgm tracking later tonite..

Yup...hope we can still pull off 2-4" from now till 8 at least so its not a complete bust. Otherwise Shrewsbury's 1.5" may beat the Plymouth total. :lmao:

Archived