• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 27th Observation Thread

dryslot

We definitely need to work on this boundary layer. Mesoanalysis shows the upper levels are okay right now, we just can't keep things snow all the way to the surface. This makes sense when you see all the ski mountains getting crushed in the higher elevations.

Maybe if we can turn winds more NE and get a slow, steady cool down this evening.

Seems to have switched over to all snow now for the time being.

Accumulating on roads at 900' up the road from my house with a temp of 32. Interesting how much of a difference 300' makes as there's about 1/4 to 1/2 inch on roofs and side roads

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, Always a catch............ :snowing:

I can tell it's dumping because even with the puddles and temps in the mid 30s I'm seeing slushy accumulation on cars and white patches showing up on the ground (not pavement). Starting to get hard to see the Casco Bay Bridge, so it must be about 1/2SM SN right now.

-SN still, no accumulation 32.9F.

We've only wasted about .15" though, so unless its a big model bust on QPF, we should still have time for 4-6"+ later on hopefully.

Just got back from downtown Plymouth NH and amazing differences in snow.  Hills have about 4" with trees sagging under the weight of the snow while along the Pemi River it is not sticking.  Even mixed along Newfound Lake.

Here   31.9"  moderate snow some blowing and drifting.  About 3.5"

Archived