joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 27th Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No idea why there were school delays in Woodstock and Brooklyn today. There ws no sign of ice when I went outside this am, nor when I arrived at work in Brooklyn. Other than that, spent several hours in the basement with the shop vac this evening, cleaning up water for those that would imagine anything else.  :whistle:

No idea why there were school delays in Woodstock and Brooklyn today. There ws no sign of ice when I went outside this am, nor when I arrived at work in Brooklyn. Other than that, spent several hours in the basement with the shop vac this evening, cleaning up water for those that would imagine anything else.  :whistle:
Do not know why Brooklyn would but Woodstock had snow at 4 am

Mod-heavy snow and 27F at 9 PM, breezy too.  Measured 3.0" of quite sweepable snow at that time, only 0.22 LE.  The way the areas of heavier snow appear to be moving, rapid accum is over by about midnight.  By then I should be at maybe 5", will need the followup little snowy times tomorrow night (if it happens) to reach the bottom of the 6-12" forecast range.

How did southern VT do today? I saw some pics that looked pretty good.

Killington-Okemo area got 9-12".

Even up this way with the lack of modeled QPF all the ski resorts are going to be in the 5-10" range most likely.

Snowpack here in the Greens continues to grow with the upslope and synoptic storms of late. Back to back weeks of 24" or more on the mountain and up to 213" to date on Mansfield.

32.5F ra/sn. Blah.

No noticeable snow pack loss today but the 2" we got certainly are not evident. Lol

Interesting ride home on Rt 2 tonight. rain, snow, fog... 30 - 34 entire ride once past Concord. Moderate snow through high points of Wendell and Erving.

Isn't the pike way faster?

32.5F ra/sn. Blah.

No noticeable snow pack loss today but the 2" we got certainly are not evident. Lol

Interesting ride home on Rt 2 tonight. rain, snow, fog... 30 - 34 entire ride once past Concord. Moderate snow through high points of Wendell and Erving.

just awful here. Rain with a little snow. Now NWS says 1 to 3 inches. I'm heading up to Stowe/Jay/Bolton Valley. Tried to connect with a couple people here, but no go. This isn't Facebook after all nor did I think it was. Oh well. See you in a future obs thread!

Archived