joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 27th Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haven't seen any double digit totals out of monads.....white's or maine yet.  white may have tickled ten.....but generally a little less than i think expected for sne/cne/nne

highest total i saw for New england was woodford vt 19.0  . they are a snow magnet as we know

When I checked the VTRANS web cam there yesterday afternoon, it looked like they were getting shafted.  I was surprised when I saw that total this morning.

1st 3" (fell 5:30-9 last eve) had 0.22" LE and swept easily.  2nd 3", mostly before midnight but the changeover to ZR/IP/glop was about 4 AM, was 0.42" LE, and with another 0.10" LE from the "stuff", made for tough-to-move cement, especially where I'd not swept the night before.  Had 19" at the stake (just can't reach that 20" mark, which is the point at which I consider snowpack to be "serious") with perhaps 4.5" water content, both under but close to my avg for end of Feb.

1st 3" (fell 5:30-9 last eve) had 0.22" LE and swept easily.  2nd 3", mostly before midnight but the changeover to ZR/IP/glop was about 4 AM, was 0.42" LE, and with another 0.10" LE from the "stuff", made for tough-to-move cement, especially where I'd not swept the night before.  Had 19" at the stake (just can't reach that 20" mark, which is the point at which I consider snowpack to be "serious") with perhaps 4.5" water content, both under but close to my avg for end of Feb.

Just got to 20" otg yesterday for the first time this winter but I can guarantee that it will compress back down to 19" during the day today.

I have some serious strata in the pack going back to mid-Dec.  Very dense stuff with a couple crusty layers in there.  It's going to be a while before I see the yard again.

Archived