amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Who Needs Hazel When You Have Sandy

CT Rain

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats a pretty ridiculous statement to make 8 days out.

How many damn qualifiers does he have to put in there before it's ok?

I don't think there's anyone that's been in this forum more than a couple of days that can't handle it. This is not TV or the NHC.

IIRC, the Whitestone was closed down due to excessive sway in winds gusting into the 60s. We had 8" of paste in NNJ, largest Nov snowfall I saw there (1950-72.) We (the builders I then worked for) put roofing felt on a framed/sheathed/no-windows-yet house in the windy dark the evening before - lots of fun - and the next morning every square inch of the inside floors was snowcovered, but at least the later melting didn't create cold showers coming through the plywood joints.

I was at a Jet game on November 10th at Shea during a noreaster...It was sleeting mixed with rain...There were two noreasters in two days...

If you look at the H5 pattern, The GFS and the euro are different with what s/w wants to amplify and also the timing. I thought the ridging in the 12z GFS to the east of the storm was better this go around. What was tricky was that at hr 132, a s/w really amplifies in the Ohio Valley, but misses the storm. It then stretches out the H5 pattern and the next s/w rounding the bend that could capture Sandy, just cannot do such a thing. The 00z euro takes that s/w and at hr 156 really goes to town with it.

Thats a pretty ridiculous statement to make 8 days out.

No, it's not -

There are millions of people along the Megalopolis, and the statement was couched in "It can't hurt to be prepared" - which means, you're taking this out of context, for what? To impugn -

don't bother.

144 people in this thread on a D7 threat. This really proves how boring the weather has been for nearly a year around here.

I would probably not start worrying about every model run for another 2-3 days at the earliest. If there is a lesson that is learned so often in meteorology, its that there is a reason that exotic or extreme scenarios on the models rarely pan out...those events are extreme for a reason.

We have an outside chance to get something crazy due to the blocking setup in the north Atlantic...but it could easily just be a strong fall Nor' Easter or a northern stream rain event with not much fanfare.

No, it's not -

There are millions of people along the Megalopolis, and the statement was couched in "It can't hurt to be prepared" - which means, you're taking this out of context, for what? To impugn -

don't bother.

I think there are several ways to phrase your concerns...

One would be to state that some of the recent runs of the Euro/Canadian would cause concerns for coastal flooding if they were to verify.

Another...is to say you wake up in the middle of the night with visions of 20 foot storm surges flooding lower Manhattan.

just sayin

No, it's not -

don't bother.

I don't see how the 00z Euro would be any worse than11/25/50. The pressure gradient strength and shape is very comparable, The timing of high tide would be the only variable that could make it worse.

Nogapaps landfalls in E central CT. It's hard to go east of the Nogaps, GFshas some balls if it's rights.

Archived