e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Who Needs Hazel When You Have Sandy

CT Rain

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the NHC and just about everyone considers it a hurricane. This run just illustrates how it is possible to get a very strong low into SNE without all that much help from warm SSTs. That low strengthens because of baroclinic forces, not tropical ones.

Yeah but everyone thinks it was undergoing ET. Still warm core... but really a warm seclusion.

I would consider it a hurricane for sure... but a hurricane that was undergoing ET.

Yeah but everyone thinks it was undergoing ET. Still warm core... but really a warm seclusion.

I would consider it a hurricane for sure... but a hurricane that was undergoing ET.

Oh I agree with your first line. It's just a question of how far along it was in transitioning. It's mostly a purely semantical argument anyways because low exist in a continuum between extratropical and tropical...they aren't neatly binned in three categories.

Into the weenie folder that run goes. It looks like the maps I used to draw when I was in elementary school and knew no meteorology besides L, H, and isobars.

Who knew that when the KFS only started running 5 times per day... we'd get 2 KFS bonus runs from the Europeans?

Into the weenie folder that run goes. It looks like the maps I used to draw when I was in elementary school and knew no meteorology besides L, H, and isobars.

You used to do that too - oh m g!!! ahahaha. dude, i swear, my grades were poor but i had note books full of synoptic evolutions

that's soo f funny. it must be a universal thing. talk about obsessed

Tropopause Fold, Tippy, Scooter and I are just some of the folks who have talked about drawing up maps just like today's Euro when we were kids. I printed out today's Euro for my grandson so he can learn how to draw fantasy maps like we used to.

At age 10 or so, I traced the outline of all the pieces of a United States puzzle to make a map, shaded it with colored pencils to show topographical features, and taped it to the back of an old storm window that my folks had replaced. I could draw on the glass with a marker, and then wipe it clean.

On my map, there was often a L just south of New Orleans and a big sprawling high dropping out of Minnesota. :weenie:

Dendrite,Tropopause Fold, Tippy, Scooter and I are just some of the folks who have talked about drawing up maps just like today's Euro when we were kids. I printed out today's Euro for my grandson so he can learn how to draw fantasy maps like we used to.

Now that we're on about this.. I used to do it too. I liked to draw supercells from multiple angles. For awhile when I was 7 or 8 I used to draw daily weather maps and make an educated guess their path for the next day without looking at the weather channel (back when it was actually good, before storm stories).

Archived