e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Who Needs Hazel When You Have Sandy

CT Rain

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kinda makes you wonder if 1938 was really "just" a warm seclusion.

What do you mean?

I think it was pretty clear that it was a violent TC that was able to hold its own while going ET thanks to a big baroclinic assist. Seems to match other warm seclusion cases we've seen with ET.

Yeah, late hook..lol. When looping H5, you can see the s/w in question slow down and then just dig...same times ridging builds to the northeast. Only 9 more days to hold on.

Yeah... no surprise we have funky solutions given how funky the blocking pattern is downstream.

Will be next to impossible to pin down any solution that involves the interaction of shortwaves ejecting from the N Pac.

What do you mean?

I think it was pretty clear that it was a violent TC that was able to hold its own while going ET thanks to a big baroclinic assist. Seems to match other warm seclusion cases we've seen with ET.

that 1938 was fully transitioning and strengthening due to warm seclusion. I know it's been debated before...we obviously don't know it's exact structure when it made landfall.

Someone with knowledge of all the good sites for model images please take the time to save the 12Z ECMWF images that wipe Southern New England off the map. So that months and years from now we can reflect and enjoy a good laugh about what we just witnessed a computer model do. Feel like I just watched the "It Could Happen Tomorrow: Southern New England" episode with that ECMWF run.

In all seriousness though. I just read the entire thread during the last hour. And what was interesting to me is that every time a new model suite came in, it seemed like someone was saying that "this is the most extreme solution I have ever seen from a model". So if we are saying the trend is our friend (lol) then we are trending towards the most extreme solution possible.

Either way what ever happens. It will definitely make this week a little more exciting.

Yeah I think that's what the consensus is. I didn't understand your question.

Well the NHC and just about everyone considers it a hurricane. This run just illustrates how it is possible to get a very strong low into SNE without all that much help from warm SSTs. That low strengthens because of baroclinic forces, not tropical ones.

Archived