• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Who Needs Hazel When You Have Sandy

CT Rain

I think there are several ways to phrase your concerns...

One would be to state that some of the recent runs of the Euro/Canadian would cause concerns for coastal flooding if they were to verify.

Another...is to say you wake up in the middle of the night with visions of 20 foot storm surges flooding lower Manhattan.

just sayin

Not really though, because I was clear that it is theorized by FEMA - that is not my work. It's restated in that post because face it, you have a real chance there of the NW hook scenario.

gee wiz

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When comparing the GEFS, the differences arise from where else.....the Pacific of course. The flow is more progressive this go around as the upper level low under the AK ridge is flatter, thereby kicking down the west coast ridge. You can see this at hr 132 of the 12z GEFS vs hr 144 of the 00z GEFS. Not sure of hr 132 is out on Allan's page.

Why is everything suspect to you? It makes sense where you look at the upper pattern to its NE. it cant go anywhere other than west for awhile.

Both the EURO and GGEM show this jog westward to near florida after crossing Cuba, looks supect but helps the storm to get captured.

The CMC still has the bomb (as usual, nothing surprising here), but despite the extremely low pressure, it took a small step backwards from its 0z solution. Note how the s/w is handled much more differently than the 0z run and looks much closer to the 0z ECM.

12z CMC hour 132:

f132.gif

0z CMC hour 144:

f144.gif

We had this problem with the Boxing Day blizzard. Pacific assimilation is a nightmare.

In a way, you have the GFS typically being flat and the euro over amplifying things. It's possible both are at play, but who "wins" out? Anytime you have downstream events dependent on Pacific jet energy, good luck trying to figure out how things develop.

The CMC still has the bomb (as usual, nothing surprising here), but despite the extremely low pressure, it took a small step backwards from its 0z solution. Note how the s/w is handled much more differently than the 0z run and looks much closer to the 0z ECM.

12z CMC hour 132:

0z CMC hour 144:

I understand why you are saying this but it's actually a little different - it's holding onto warm core characteristic longer on this run.

It's interesting how the GGEM is a lot quicker than the GFS

Hypothetical for you, Ryan. Let's just say the possibility of the storm still looks good by Thursday o Friday...what are the chances that your viewers in Connecticut will wrap their brains around a tropical/sub-tropical system arriving in SNE just before Halloween?

I think various authorities will really have to stress the potential for power outages to get everybody's attention.

Hypothetical for you, Ryan. Let's just say the possibility of the storm still looks good by Thursday o Friday...what are the chances that your viewers in Connecticut will wrap their brains around a tropical/sub-tropical system arriving in SNE just before Halloween?

I think various authorities will really have to stress the potential for power outages to get everybody's attention.

I really hate the subtropical designation. I think it does more harm than good.

Archived