• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Who Needs Hazel When You Have Sandy

CT Rain

Exactly. Keep an eye up stream. I thought NY Retro was 2/10 that is why I brought it up, the one Pete got 48" while the rest of us poured and dryslotted. The block looks as intense at least. Even without a TS should be an interesting evolution. Not boring

I meant NY as in New Years, the one occurring on January 2. Sorry I wasn't clear.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

once again I disagree with this, at this point its far too early to even be calling for a TS to form let along a strong one or a cane by friday. I favor something subtropical over anything right now.

:lol:

Guess NorEaster27 knows more than the trained mets at NHC...

TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK

NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL

800 AM EDT MON OCT 22 2012

FOR THE NORTH ATLANTIC...CARIBBEAN SEA AND THE GULF OF MEXICO...

1. SATELLITE IMAGES AND SURFACE OBSERVATIONS INDICATE THAT A TROPICAL

DEPRESSION COULD BE FORMING OVER THE SOUTHWESTERN CARIBBEAN SEA

ABOUT 300 MILES SOUTH OF JAMAICA. THE LOW IS EXPECTED TO BE NEARLY

STATIONARY TODAY AND SHOULD BEGIN TO MOVE NORTHWARD TOWARD JAMAICA

AND EASTERN CUBA ON TUESDAY. THIS SYSTEM HAS A HIGH CHANCE...90

PERCENT...OF BECOMING A TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo_atl.shtml

The euro is like a redux of november 1950...only this would involve a hurricane absorbing into a more modified polar airmass..I can dream

P.S. November 1950 had no tropical system involved in it, i I'm just referring to the anomalous pattern and storm track shown (along with 40" of snow in the Appalacians lol)

Yeah the upper air pattern sort of starts to look Nov 1950-esque...except our version here has a TC getting absorbed into it. Both have the huge negative anomaly over the central Apps of course and the monster high anomaly over Nova Scotia to New Foundland/lower Davis Straight and a western ridge/GOA low.

Obviously it takes a lot of things to align correctly to actually get it to happen.

Yeah the upper air pattern sort of starts to look Nov 1950-esque...except our version here has a TC getting absorbed into it. Both have the huge negative anomaly over the central Apps of course and the monster high anomaly over Nova Scotia to New Foundland/lower Davis Straight and a western ridge/GOA low.

Obviously it takes a lot of things to align correctly to actually get it to happen.

Again another no TC involvement scenario... the week of Nov 11-15 1968

Archived