joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Who Needs Hazel When You Have Sandy

CT Rain

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to tell on those black and white maps but the 00z GGEM is still a big storm off the east coast at 144 hr. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I cannot stand those black and white maps.

You can get 12 hour increments in color here:

http://meteocentre.com/models/explorateur.php?lang=en&map=na&run=00&mod=gemglb&stn=PNM&hh=144&comp=1&runb=00&mod2=gemglb&stn2=PNM&hh2=204&fixhh=1

I was gonna comment on that too. The overall pattern seemed a little more favorable than the op fwiw. Just another example of how complicated things are....but aren't they always for fun events? LOL.

Yes they are! LOL The models always have issues with multi-low scenarios esp. with deep systems over the GL and with "secondary" type systems over/along the EC. If you look at anomalies and they're movement over the long range there will be some sort of a beast on the East Coast. After looking at the 00z runs its interesting how they are more seaward and less intense. I would not be surprised if by Tuesday and Wednesday they went back to a more dynamic and coastwise/inland solution. Add into the mix the fact that the models tend to suck in both a pattern change and/or along with a tropical system interacting into the pattern with non-tropical features this event could be one for the books - either way.

One other thing to mention is the far superior tropical vortex assimilation on the Euro versus the GFS. No :weenie: 's, I am not saying the euro will be right, all I am saying is we dont really know if the GFS is getting the tropical wave right at its assimilation so it could be throwing off the track later on. This does not mean a big bomb will happen because it may not see the vortex right yet, just that there is another problem to the equation this far out.

It won't be tropical by the time it reaches the latitude of ILM, NC

One thing i have noticed is how much shear this disturbance will have to interact with as it moves north. SST's are decreasing also, as we are now in mid-October.

None of that would really matter in the modeling scenarios...it's a phaser. The intensification as it travels north is due to nontropical forces.

6Z/22 GFS appears to be a big whiff. Following the op trend (GFS). Euro ensemble mean is offshore but apparently alot of spread. What I'm more worried about is the delay in the colder pattern and the actual mitigation of it down the road. Like last October, is it worth losing winter over something like this? Not to me.

Archived