• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
February 2012 - Obs/Disco/Banter

NorEastermass128

I have so much wx crap to put in a home office I honestly don't know where I'm going to put it all. I am excited to be able to set up a snow board, rain gauge, and get a nice thermometer to start recording data again. Probably won't go for wind measurements as I'll never be able to site anything that would be remotely accurate.

I can't keep a steady period of more than a few months before something breaks...lol. I'll probably just wait until I get a house with a decent size property and then record obs. I have Logan anwyays, which isn't too far away. Blue Hills is almost the same distance sw too.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know everyone will be extremely disappointed to hear that this is the first 24 hour period in the last 10 days without at least an inch of snow at the 3,000ft snow board. D@mn high pressure! I'm going to have to attach our extension to the 66 inch high seasonal snow stake in the back before the next storm. There's almost 4 feet on the ground here. Pales in comparison to other recent years obviously, but still three months of snowfall left to go up here. This elevation snowpack peaks in April.

On the flip side, high pressure leads to some spectacular bluebird weather.

And here's an evergreen snow ghost buried in 4 feet of snow.

Archived