Newest Member
    northernriwx
February 2012 - Obs/Disco/Banter

NorEastermass128

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to admit this is really nice.

Last night I was sitting here watching TV and heard pinging. Was the heater coming on but reminded me of the sound of snow pellets hitting the windows back when it snowed....made me miss it and realize how uncommon it's been in the last year.

It's not appreciated by me simply because I don't go outdoors in the daylight during the week...too much to do. And I positively despise cold raw days into Memorial Day and beyond...it makes me want to kill myself.

Another overachieving torch, made it to 41F here in Rindge. Just unreal how almost every day in the heart of winter has been in the 40s, which is almost 15F above average. Low last night was a paltry 26F.

Thanks for bringing Dobbs Ferry weather with you this winter.

Another overachieving torch, made it to 41F here in Rindge. Just unreal how almost every day in the heart of winter has been in the 40s, which is almost 15F above average. Low last night was a paltry 26F.

It's strange, I have been colder than you a few times this winter

39.4F for the high, 25F for my low today

Thanks for bringing Dobbs Ferry weather with you this winter.

I have spent a number of winters in New England and have never seen one this bad. 09-10 was poor in Middlebury but didn't have this degree of incessant warmth since at least December was cold that year. It's been even worse than Dobbs Ferry as we've had less than 20" snowfall since the October storm, it's been in the 40s almost every day, and there's been literally no snow on the ground except for one week in January. Even Dobbs Ferry usually has lots of days with highs in the 20s and 30s during the heart of winter. Coupled with the tough times I've been having at school, this winter is really getting to me.

It's not appreciated by me simply because I don't go outdoors in the daylight during the week...too much to do. And I positively despise cold raw days into Memorial Day and beyond...it makes me want to kill myself.

LOL, for me it's about daylight. I can handle crap weather for awhile long as it's not dark at 4 like it is in the heart of winter.

I'm not sold this spring is that bad Jerry..I'm thinking that with SST's so warm it's going to be harder to get that really raw crap back down the coast...but we'll see.

BTW dinners soon...I get much better in terms of time after the vacation week.

LOL..we just had the wettest yr on record

Does not mean squat when your talking about dead brush or the top 6 inches of soil. More double digit departures today, orh +7++ for the month, bos +6++ for the month, I knew I should have gone higher than +3.1 for clamtown.

Does not mean squat when your talking about dead brush or the top 6 inches of soil. More double digit departures today, orh +7++ for the month, bos +6++ for the month, I knew I should have gone higher than +3.1 for clamtown.

Are departures that high? Wow, didn't seem that warm to me but I guess it's partially because 45 is +7 right now.

What a turd of a winter.

I used to think you knew something's. Learn something's dude.

67381f58.jpg

6fc7485b.jpg

Soil is dry as a bone Stevie. Cant believe spring is less than 3 weeks away, yes march is a calendar winter month for the first 3 weeks, but the sustained brutal cold is usually a distant memory, would love to get a run of snowpack for my gardens. Not having snow on the ground during the winter really exposes the perennials and even lawns to winter freeze, besides the snow is poor mans fertilizer. Think snow!

Soil is dry as a bone Stevie. Cant believe spring is less than 3 weeks away, yes march is a calendar winter month for the first 3 weeks, but the sustained brutal cold is usually a distant memory, would love to get a run of snowpack for my gardens. Not having snow on the ground during the winter really exposes the perennials and even lawns to winter freeze, besides the snow is poor mans fertilizer. Think snow!

Good thing we have not had a dry super cold extended period although I remember a study about deep frost and how it kills grubs. Kev is just silly these days. I think the marathon training shrunk his brain too.

Are departures that high? Wow, didn't seem that warm to me but I guess it's partially because 45 is +7 right now.

What a turd of a winter.

Through today...

BOS +7.4

BDL +9.8

PVD +6.5

ORH +8.1

To break even for the month we'd have to average about -2.5 for the remaining three weeks of the month.

Through today...

BOS +7.4

BDL +9.8

PVD +6.5

ORH +8.1

To break even for the month we'd have to average about -2.5 for the remaining three weeks of the month.

Thats simply incredible, this after the ten day period to close out jan where all four sites over ten days were +10 or greater, if the euro is correct this weekend is going to feel absolutely downright Bitter.

LOL, for me it's about daylight. I can handle crap weather for awhile long as it's not dark at 4 like it is in the heart of winter.

I'm not sold this spring is that bad Jerry..I'm thinking that with SST's so warm it's going to be harder to get that really raw crap back down the coast...but we'll see.

BTW dinners soon...I get much better in terms of time after the vacation week.

Yes. Week of 3/5 onward.

Yes. Week of 3/5 onward.

Perfect maybe by then it'll be snowing!

I just cannot believe we're getting the intergalactic porking or whatever Typhoon Tip opined a few weeks ago again on this next one. I mean at some point the law of averages dictates one of these should end up scraping north. Nope, we go from the boiler to colder surpression.

Archived