e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
February 2012 - Obs/Disco/Banter

NorEastermass128

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

25/18, it'll be nice to get a refresher over the weekend. The snowpack is holding tough but some fresh stuff will soften the trails. Best ice for skating in years. Skiing, ice fishing, x-c skiing all in full swing as Winter rolls on in GC. Some pics from today.

Well, honestly that looks like early april up there Pete but any snow is good snow I suppose! had 8 of pow pow while you were gone, another coastal scraper this weekend, although you should clean up with great ratios, squalls and upslope with the arctic front on sunday.

How deep is the snowpack at 2K? I assume that's where that pic was. Looks like maybe 5-6"

The lake pic is at 1700', The road pic is my road at about 1450'. There is about 7" of permapack here and about the same at 2k. The highest elevations get hurt worse in the torch periods, lower down on the east side the cold air hangs really tough in all the nooks and crannies.

Well, honestly that looks like early april up there Pete but any snow is good snow I suppose! had 8 of pow pow while you were gone, another coastal scraper this weekend, although you should clean up with great ratios, squalls and upslope with the arctic front on sunday.

Well, it's a snowpack, meager as it is. What a jolt driving home from BDL through the barren brown Pioneer Valley when I got back. I was so glad to get home and see the snow had survived while I was gone. After being in AK this is all a big come down.

Well, it's a snowpack, meager as it is. What a jolt driving home from BDL through the barren brown Pioneer Valley when I got back. I was so glad to get home and see the snow had survived while I was gone. After being in AK this is all a big come down.

You can clearly see your little enclave on vis sat, unique little area, and pretty impressive you have snow considering how tough a winter its been, things looking up the next ten days, enjoy!

You can clearly see your little enclave on vis sat, unique little area, and pretty impressive you have snow considering how tough a winter its been, things looking up the next ten days, enjoy!

Really? Link. We hold the snow that's for sure. My head is still in the clouds, can't stop thinking about AK. Can't wait to be there full time. Short golf season but I'm willing to make that sacrifice.lol

Really? Link. We hold the snow that's for sure. My head is still in the clouds, can't stop thinking about AK. Can't wait to be there full time. Short golf season but I'm willing to make that sacrifice.lol

Hi Pete!, it would be helpful if you captioned your AK pics, they are stunning. Probably will be at the Beast Monday if all goes right work wise.

Well, first Brush fire of the season yesterday...I wonder how dry we stay until the season starts in April???

Once we have leafout a few weeks early this year that will help :)

I am just starting to worry about precip. Weeklies offers above normal temps but maybe a pattern with good precip?

Amazing how secluded Petes are is. Fascinating really. Ice is dangerously thin even way to the north but his area damns in the cold in a sea of warmth. Perfect geography ftw

Once we have leafout a few weeks early this year that will help :)

I am just starting to worry about precip. Weeklies offers above normal temps but maybe a pattern with good precip?

Amazing how secluded Petes are is. Fascinating really. Ice is dangerously thin even way to the north but his area damns in the cold in a sea of warmth. Perfect geography ftw

Dangerously thin on the big lakes, but the moderate and smaller lakes' ice is thick enough to support vehicles.

Well, first Brush fire of the season yesterday...I wonder how dry we stay until the season starts in April???

yea posted that the other day,heard a bunch of tone outs for brush fires.Hopefully we get some precip, this year has started out totally oppo to last years record rain year. Without substantial snow cover and lots of dead wood from all the storms looks like you will be busy running this year.

Is there a support group for Snow Addicts?

Actually I am losing my attachment to the hope for snow the rest of this winter. It actually feels good as the snow is melting in my garden and the sun is shining. If it snows heavily I will love it...but I no longer expect it. Bring spring along with that +AO and I'll plant my peas in March.

My storm prediction: The roads will be plowed to gravel. There will be piles of asphalt instead of snow. You have 9,000 plow truck drivers who started drinking black coffee on Wednesday, already blew threw a carton of Marlboro Lights and are parked in formation at Dunkin Donuts. . There will be 800 hours of overtime billed per driver this weekend. We will have to use 4 Wheel drive to get throw the 4 inches of salt. Whether or not we see snow is another story

I managed to capture the Snow Moon last night as it was on the rise over Scituate Light House without the snow of course. Hopefully we can change that tmrw and cash in! :snowing:

Great shot! I've been wanting to do some moonrise shot's like that myself. Haven't found the time yet and need to get a 300mm (or bigger) lens like yours.

Archived