• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
February 2012 - Obs/Disco/Banter

NorEastermass128

What's your actual total? You must be the lowest in the region with the cape getting in on that storm 1/21. You must have maybe 9-10"?

I got to do the math at home where my numbers are, but around 9". Mayb 8.8 or or something. Vomit worthy, with nothing really exciting coming up. We can't even get a good inside runner, that's how pathetic the season is.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got to do the math at home where my numbers are, but around 9". Mayb 8.8 or or something. Vomit worthy, with nothing really exciting coming up. We can't even get a good inside runner, that's how pathetic the season is.

Yeah, it sucks. But without October, I'm only around 11"...so not much better. Last year on this date I was at 74" for the year...this year I have 20" with 9-10" of it coming before Halloween :arrowhead:

The 2/24 Bust was everywhere I guess--we were supposed to get hammered in the PHL burbs and saw zero-NJ shore-right along it-got hammered while 10 miles inland-nothing--worst bust of my young life at that point....

I remember most mets were calling for 1-2 feet for most of the area...a little less out west, but Boston to ORH to PVD was supposed to get absolutely crushed. I remember thinking waiting through all the futility of that winter was finally going to pay off...it was the big one.

We ended up with about 4-5" and the storm started about 8-10 hours later than forecast. I guess we were "lucky" in that we still got something as NYC to PHL got completely whiffed. About 15 miles west of here had just a dusting to an inch. Parts of the Cape got like 20"

Pretty damn boring...hardly any lake cutters either. That's why I raise an eyebrow whenever model x shows a 975 bomb on the Northeast Coast....just not happenin' this year.

good luck socks

Thanks man...I have been having some interviews lately for better positions so we'll see what happens. Really trying year in terms of both the weather and the work I'm doing, been a rough stretch personally lately. I've been attempting to see the long-term good in what I'm doing and not get caught up in day to day struggles. A good snowstorm would definitely help.

I see that AFN is still at 31F with SWlies kicking in...another torch tonight?

Scooter, I have been watching and reading and trying to learn for 3+ months

We are in a nationwide snow hole

Yeah everywhere except for Midland TX..lol. snowiest year on record from freak cutoff lows.

Otherwise, it's the big AK vortex that has brought the firehose of death to weenies nationwide.

Haha keep fighting the good fight dude.

Awesome pics BTW...looks like a good time. How much snow did you get while out there?

How much snow did you return to in West Chesterfield?

40-50" new at elevation and about 30" down low. It was hard to judge because there is just so much (60" at sea level and up from there). Avy danger was very real every step of the way. It didn't get above 0 for the first few days, -34 the first morning . When it warmed up (10 degrees above) it snowed heavily, as soon as skies cleared back below zero. Nirvana. 7" of bulletproof IMBY on my return, only 3+" fell here while I was away.

Now, it might be because I have not had a beer since Dec, but I have to tell you..........poured one of these just now, and its awesome, full bodied a really good quality brew at a fair price. I really enjoyed their Octoberfest but this blows it out of the water.....pick up a 6 pack and enjoy.

I feel much much better, lots of snow on the way this weekend@!

That stuff is like drinking from an unflushed urinal. I had that back in high school/college a few times. It is AWFUL

That stuff is like drinking from an unflushed urinal. I had that back in high school/college a few times. It is AWFUL

lol you are such a failure lately. That boch is absolutely amazing, and at 6.5% alcohol a pop would even make you less bitter. Go to there website, as GInx would say.........educate's yourself fool.

Nice 6 miler this morning, another 5 **** Mainejayhawk day down here on the gold coast. The scar's from Irene run deep, 3-6 ft sand dunes were obliterated, leaving this 4 mile stretch of beach vulnerable to any nor'easter. I will never forget wading through chest high deep storm surge, marsh deer running around everywhere, houses leveled.

Archived