Newest Member
    e46ds1x
February 2012 - Obs/Disco/Banter

NorEastermass128

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jaffrey/AFN up to 45F, total torch.

41.4F here on the Hampshire Country School campus. Just a few sad, dirty piles showing the remnants of our one-week stretch of winter.

41F here... brochure worthy day in the north country. I'm surprised you don't have more snow up there in the highlands. Stowe village is in full outdoors mode right now. The groomer just went past my house putting down some fresh cross country ski tracks.

51F currently at TAN. Viva la sizzle.

yeppers, yesterday was the first day since 1/22 with a below normal departure at BOS, the other three majors still have not had a below normal day since 1/22 and that wont happen until this weekend which will make a 20 day stretch above normal at orh pvd and bdl, that all comes crashing down for at least a couple days later this week I hope.

LOL, DT

saw a comment from a well known private Met in the Northeast saying he was/ is " rooting for cold?" WTF?? are u kidding me? ** WHY ?*** would a Meteorologist supposedly interested in getting the forecast right be ROOTING for cold? or hot? or snow ? or rain? isnt that like what " weenies " do?

Warm weather, right there! Who looks ridiculous now??!

LOL, DT

saw a comment from a well known private Met in the Northeast saying he was/ is " rooting for cold?" WTF?? are u kidding me? ** WHY ?*** would a Meteorologist supposedly interested in getting the forecast right be ROOTING for cold? or hot? or snow ? or rain? isnt that like what " weenies " do?

Apparently he thinks if you are a meteorologist you can't "root" for interesting weather (ie winter storms). I think DT is having trouble comprehending the difference between wanting something, and actually forecasting it or getting it. There's a disconnect between rooting for something and actually forecasting the outcome that you are rooting for.

A little OT for New England, but I saw this blog link come up in my Twitter feed and thought it was really cool since I have a bit of an obsession with orographic weather phenomena. Basically it's condo induced upslope clouds in Panama City, FL. It's pretty awesome that a man made structure can actually induce enough lift and cooling to produce wave clouds. Granted the air is nearly at saturation before being lifted to saturation, but still it's a neat example of how a manmade structure can effect weather, even if only on a small scale. Here's the link:

http://blogs.agu.org/wildwildscience/2012/02/06/condo-wave-clouds/

A little OT for New England, but I saw this blog link come up in my Twitter feed and thought it was really cool since I have a bit of an obsession with orographic weather phenomena. Basically it's condo induced upslope clouds in Panama City, FL. It's pretty awesome that a man made structure can actually induce enough lift and cooling to produce wave clouds. Granted the air is nearly at saturation before being lifted to saturation, but still it's a neat example of how a manmade structure can effect weather, even if only on a small scale. Here's the link:

http://blogs.agu.org...do-wave-clouds/

That is one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

http://blogs.agu.org/wildwildscience/2012/02/06/condo-wave-clouds/

That is freakin bad ass. A tiny micro climate caught on film. Thanks for posting.

That's the staggering part of this winter. The number of gorgeous days. Heading into the 50s today, bluebird skies...just spectacular.

Would still like to see a period of winter but damn...this is nice.

We'll pay. Perhaps with onshore flow and 51F on 6/10 all day.

We'll pay. Perhaps with onshore flow and 51F on 6/10 all day.

You have to admit this is really nice.

Last night I was sitting here watching TV and heard pinging. Was the heater coming on but reminded me of the sound of snow pellets hitting the windows back when it snowed....made me miss it and realize how uncommon it's been in the last year.

Chilly up here with flurries and mood flakes flying.

Here at 1,500ft it was 29F at 6am and now down to 20F as of 11:30am. Going to be a cold weekend but those arctic fronts should bring some fresh powder with them. That WINDEX event last week dropped 9" of snow on the mountain in like 6 hours so I'm hoping for even a 3-6" refresher.

Archived