• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
February 2012 - Obs/Disco/Banter

NorEastermass128

Noyes put out a graphic showing seasonal snow totals for a few cities.Kevin tweeted to him that it seems BDL and ORH had some snow in October and that his totals were off.Matt responded that he was posting seasonal (met winter?) snow totals.I guess Matt did not know about the biggest wx anomaly in New England in a few years...lol

thx

lol nice

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why haven't you had a beer in that long?

Wife and I went dry for Jan just for kicks........we cheated one night the weekend we got 8 inches of snow (scotch), and I have felt so good just did not have the desire, but this weather broke me lol.

Hope things are well tubes.

Noyes put out a graphic showing seasonal snow totals for a few cities.Kevin tweeted to him that it seems BDL and ORH had some snow in October and that his totals were off.Matt responded that he was posting seasonal (met winter?) snow totals.I guess Matt did not know about the biggest wx anomaly in New England in a few years...lol

"Seasonal totals" would have the October snow included since the "snow season" runs from July 1st to June 30th...but obviously just the meteorological winter (DJF) totals would not include it.

Wife and I went dry for Jan just for kicks........we cheated one night the weekend we got 8 inches of snow (scotch), and I have felt so good just did not have the desire, but this weather broke me lol.

LitchfieldDry-bations?I have had a few of the Narragansetts and I think they are ok. Not great, but not bad. Good story with them

"Seasonal totals" would have the October snow included since the "snow season" runs from July 1st to June 30th...but obviously just the meteorological winter (DJF) totals would not include it.

This is from Matt's tweet:"References from @TollandKev & @DopplerDiVegs to October snow re: snow statistics. Counts as *annual* but not *seasonal* total. Weird, I know"Obviosuly he meant met season and not snow season. You Cornell crazy guys...

I just had the Sam Adams Alpine Spring, delicious beer and definitely a delight after dealing with our kids all day. I've been alright, miserable winter in Rindge and I have some really tough students, so the job has definitely been dragging me down some with the constant cursing, fights, vandalism etc. It's a very tiring gig and doesn't pay particularly well, but I'm fairly devoted to helping kids with problems so I guess I deal with it, and it certainly has its rewarding moments. I have an interview for a Teaching Fellowship with NYC public schools this weekend, would be a nice coup as the pay is pretty good, they'd cover my Masters/certs, and I'd only have to make a 2 year commitment and would have a good selection of schools in NYC to choose from for work. I'm taking Friday off and coming home tomorrow to get some rest and relax with my family, so we'll see if I can notch this after some time thinking about the interview...

This is from Matt's tweet:"References from @TollandKev & @DopplerDiVegs to October snow re: snow statistics. Counts as *annual* but not *seasonal* total. Weird, I know"Obviosuly he meant met season and not snow season. You Cornell crazy guys...

The funny thing about Boston's record least snowiest season was that most of the snow fell that year in months other than met winter...they only had 2.7" in DJF 1936-1937...4.4" fell in November and 1.9" fell in March.

I just had the Sam Adams Alpine Spring, delicious beer and definitely a delight after dealing with our kids all day. I've been alright, miserable winter in Rindge and I have some really tough students, so the job has definitely been dragging me down some with the constant cursing, fights, vandalism etc. It's a very tiring gig and doesn't pay particularly well, but I'm fairly devoted to helping kids with problems so I guess I deal with it, and it certainly has its rewarding moments. I have an interview for a Teaching Fellowship with NYC public schools this weekend, would be a nice coup as the pay is pretty good, they'd cover my Masters/certs, and I'd only have to make a 2 year commitment and would have a good selection of schools in NYC to choose from for work. I'm taking Friday off and coming home tomorrow to get some rest and relax with my family, so we'll see if I can notch this after some time thinking about the interview...

Good news, listen you know my wife works at Eagle Hill, and is a Dept Head, get that Masters and I can certainly get you an interview, its a great school (as I am sure you know) great benefits and good pay.

Enjoy your weekend back home, if the gfs has a clue looks like the south coast might score some synoptic snows this weekend

The funny thing about Boston's record least snowiest season was that most of the snow fell that year in months other than met winter...they only had 2.7" in DJF 1936-1937...4.4" fell in November and 1.9" fell in March.

I wonder if there were weenie suicides back then?Playing Sarah McLaughlin on the Victrola with a hose attached to the tailpipe of an old Model t?

The numbers this year actually make me sick to my stomach. Literally, sickening.

'88-'89 was still worse for me up to this point obviously excluding the October storm. '06-'07 was too...but '07 had a good 2nd half of Feb and a good March that will be hard to match...'88-'89 saw over a foot of snow after March 1st...so if we don't get much of anything else then this year will be worse than it...but we're probably not getting shutout.

'88-'89 was still worse for me up to this point obviously excluding the October storm. '06-'07 was too...but '07 had a good 2nd half of Feb and a good March that will be hard to match...'88-'89 saw over a foot of snow after March 1st...so if we don't get much of anything else then this year will be worse than it...but we're probably not getting shutout.

Growing up I always used to look at the snow totals in ALB and see that they had some years in the 1930s and 80s with like 20" or less....and I could not fathom how that was possible but they may just do it this year. 13" through February 8 for an interior spot like ALB is pretty incredible. Sickening indeed.

I think between the lack of snow and the extreme boredom, this is taking the cake so far. It doesn't help being in a snowhole this season too.

I think between the lack of snow and the extreme boredom, this is taking the cake so far. It doesn't help being in a snowhole this season too.

I don't think we had a real threat in '88-'89 until the Feb 24-25 1989 storm which was a bust unless you were down on the Cape...that year would have had us pulling our hair out if we had internet like now. I remember watching the news every evening and we never had anything in the forecast.

The March 25, 1989 bust in the positive direction was nice out this way though.

I don't think we had a real threat in '88-'89 until the Feb 24-25 1989 storm which was a bust unless you were down on the Cape...that year would have had us pulling our hair out if we had internet like now. I remember watching the news every evening and we never had anything in the forecast.

The March 25, 1989 bust in the positive direction was nice out this way though.

The 2/24 Bust was everywhere I guess--we were supposed to get hammered in the PHL burbs and saw zero-NJ shore-right along it-got hammered while 10 miles inland-nothing--worst bust of my young life at that point....

Archived