CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 11-12 Storm Obs/Discussion

clskinsfan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The amazing thing about the back edge is it couldn't have stopped snowing more than an hour ago here. Now, however, the moon is out and can be seen vividly. Where did all the clouds go? Doesn't it usually take a few hours for the clouds to move out?

Ok so I have these so far....

Frederick: 2.5"

Columbia: 1.5"

Gaithersburg: 1.5"

Leesburg: 1"

Those are the ones that I have for now unless someone else has higher amounts before 11 they want to share.

I finished with 3.2" here about 2mi W of Downtown.

Edited for typo....

Ok so I have these so far....

Frederick: 2.5"

Columbia: 1.5"

Gaithersburg: 1.5"

Leesburg: 1"

Those are the ones that I have for now unless someone else has higher amounts before 11 they want to share.

I just went and measured 2.0" of snow in Gaithersburg/Montgomery Village. (Maybe 2.1" if I was greedy, but that's only based on isolated clumps of flakes settling higher, so 2.0" would be the best estimate)

Sorry that it came after 11 :( Sleep and all...

3" here in Parkville... definitely our 1st snow of the year! Dec. 26 was only dust and last week we were between .5" and .75". Funny how much difference a year makes, last year we were bummed about anything less than a foot. But today I've seen, "Solid 1.5" here so I'm stoked!" and "Got 2.75" IMBY, definitely not a bust for me!" LOL Nice to have perspective! LOL

Drive from Frederick to Washington, DC not bad this morning. One car was flipped over on the exit to the Clara Barton Parkway from 495-South. I did hear that Frederick County MD schools are closed with other surrounding counties on a 2-hr delay. It was nice to see the white stuff again!

Has Jeb come back from his walk yet?

Archived