• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January 11-12 Storm Obs/Discussion

clskinsfan

Closing in on 2" in northern MontCo with the last bit ready to come through. A nice little snow given how bleak things looked for a while earlier today! Balt area looking good on radar -- hopefully they can pull 4" or more in some of those areas.

We've been a bit grinched with these storms so far this winter, but with the blocky pattern you have to think we'll get a shot at a nice one at some point this winter, Nina or not.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the radar and reading reports of heavy rain along parts of the Jersey shore, I really don't see how the front end of the storm doesn't fall as sleet or snow rain on Long Island. They will still get more than their fair share later tonight, but seems the L is a bit farther west than had progged and is drawing in more warm air.

Except for 95% of the state of VA that got nothing more than a dusting at most. :axe:

yea... things certainly did shift north so that the back edge that was supposed to be down near CHO ended up right around DC. Things were saved somewhat up here by the upper level energy. The primary held on way too long and is why were looking at a 1-3/2-4 type event rather then 6-10. Oh well... next

Ian- We downgraded in PM Update (since all the model QPFs dropped) to a dusting SW to 2" NE - with maybe 2-3" around Baltimore -- which was roughly equivalent to our original range at the low end. So I think we did ok. I gotta admit I was sweating it for a while.

hey jason, thx for the info. i was referring to the panic here by the way! you are usually pretty dead on in your snow thoughts.

2.4" in Frostbite Falls (a.k.a. Northcentral Harford Co, MD) so far--and finally looking like it means it--SN+, at least by this storm's standards. Hope this pace keeps up for what remains, might beat my hopeful expectation of 3" by a bit.

I'm in central HarCo too... Should we be watching the end of the bands going through DC or you think we continue longer inside the pivot?

Archived