CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 11-12 Storm Obs/Discussion

clskinsfan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, bust. GFS was clearly right and even a tad high towards the end. NAM was way out of line south of SNE. I got 3.5 inches so only doubling that in NYC after seeing the radar last night is sort of terrible.

NYC was never expected to get a HECS regardless of what some loltastic NAM runs gave them, and I think Upton was right on the mark with their 8-12" call.

The Philly area actually got more like 4-8", which is exactly what I recall most models showing.

Yeah, bust. GFS was clearly right and even a tad high towards the end. NAM was way out of line south of SNE. I got 3.5 inches so only doubling that in NYC after seeing the radar last night is sort of terrible.

I'll post the 24 hour QPF plots from various models along side the verification (CPC 1/8 degree product) once it's created later today.

this is why my favorite pastime used to be mocking the dc area

--

Snow. Areas of blowing snow this afternoon. Snow may be heavy at times. Total snow accumulation of 15 to 30 inches. Near steady temperature in the mid 20s. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.

Archived