amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January 11-12 Storm Obs/Discussion

clskinsfan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ian- We downgraded in PM Update (since all the model QPFs dropped) to a dusting SW to 2" NE - with maybe 2-3" around Baltimore -- which was roughly equivalent to our original range at the low end. So I think we did ok. I gotta admit I was sweating it for a while.

You're not the only one. Looks like things worked out pretty well. I was sweating it when the initial band started to fall apart as it approached dc.

nyc bos corridor is going to get jacked again tho.

yeah, the only thing that could hurt them is the speed of this thing

if you look upstream, the NAO has gone positive and there's noting to slow it down

that said, they'll get crushed and I'm envious of the snow, but equally happy to have finally got some of our own

yeah, the only thing that could hurt them is the speed of this thing

if you look upstream, the NAO has gone positive and there's noting to slow it down

that said, they'll get crushed and I'm envious of the snow, but equally happy to have finally got some of our own

yeah. well im sure they will have plenty of ops to get a 2' storm still this yr... bos at least.

I may double what I had with this band

flakes aren't falling, little snowballs are

its only 1/11, part of me says its early and we get decent, not great, snow this winter and the other part says the other part is a fookin' idiot

did you pull a ji like 6 hours ago?

Guess the location:

Tonight: Snow. Low around -8. Breezy, with a southwest wind between 17 and 22 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 21 to 27 inches possible.

Wednesday: Snow. High near 11. Breezy, with a west southwest wind between 26 and 29 mph, with gusts as high as 44 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 22 to 28 inches possible.

Wednesday Night: Snow. Low around 5. Breezy, with a west southwest wind around 22 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 28 to 34 inches possible.

Thursday: Snow. High near 14. Southwest wind between 18 and 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 29 to 35 inches possible.

Thursday Night: Snow. Low around 8. Breezy, with a west southwest wind between 26 and 29 mph, with gusts as high as 44 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 13 to 19 inches possible.

Friday: Snow. High near 15. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 23 to 29 inches possible.

Friday Night: Snow. Low around 5. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Maybe .25-.5 here. Just too far sw for this. We had more of an impact with the fr driz earlier this afternoon/nightfall than anything. I got more on Saturday with the squall that dropped an inch. Congrats to all that reached their respective expectations :thumbsup: ...On to the NEXT one!

Archived